WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day.
Long time, years, I try to find out what brand is this. Movement looks good and nice but Valant is enigma.
Some help please.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,991 Posts
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't. If you could show us the movement from the other side (underneath the dial), it might be different, but even then, there's no guarantee.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,991 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Hmmmmm, that doesn't really help all that much either, I'm afraid. The rather closed nature of the main plate (it has a pusher mechanism but the entire keyless works are hidden almost completely within the movement) can be seen in few other movements, those that I could quote being by Junghans or IWC, plus some american ones. But I don't think that the movement is by any of them.

What one notices is that the entire geartrain is in chatons that are held down by screws. And that these screws extend to the edge of the two separate cocks and even require small extensions to hold them. There are therefore two possibilities:

1. The movement was designed just the way it is and that these "nipples" are always there, even if not used in some versions (no screws to hold down chatons or even no chatons)

2. The movement has been severely redesigned by the end user who has trashed all or most bridges and cocks (except the base plate) and created a new bridge pattern to suit his own needs

In the latter case, one would need to look for an optically entirely different movement that adheres to the look on the dial side.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts