WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I got a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono for Christmas from the parents, and I'm more than happy with the watch. They bought it online as there are no AD for Hamilton in Australia whatsoever, and putting an airfare ontop of an already expensive watch was far out of the question.

Anyway, my problem is with the movement, and specifically the rotor. From my experiences, rotor noise on good Swiss Automatics are almost silent, not able to be heard spinning around the case. But the Valjoux 7750's rotor in the back of my case is definitely audible when it spins around, and can be quite distracting when I move my wrist sharply

Below is a link to a video I've taken. I would not normally shake my watch so violently, but have done so to demonstrate the rotor noise in which I mean.

valjoux 7750 rotor noise - Hamilton - YouTube

Keep in mind this was taken with an iPhone, so in reality it is even louder but was unable to be picked up by the mic in the phone. Is this normal? Is the Valjoux 7750 a loud movement? I've heard and read about its famous 'wobble' or vibration due to only being unidirectional winding, but never really read or heard complaints about its level of noise while spinning. Though mine seems to be quite loud in comparison to other Swiss Automatics.

How do you Hammy fans think I should proceed?

Obligatory wrist shot. put aftermarket strap on because I didn't want to sweat all over the brand new Hamilton one!
Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Normal as said. The 7750 is a unidirectional winder which makes a lot of noise and wobbles in a way you can feel as well. Try a google search on 7750 wobble you will get all you care to read and watch.

Reactions: Watchnut12

·
Registered
20,344 Posts
Yes if you find that your 7750 based watch is too noisy, it's your fault, you should learn to move less and make slow gestures

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Every V7750 I've owned has been a noisy bugger! Don't sweat it mate :-!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well I don't hear my VSA 7750 unless I put it to my ear. (I'm rather deaf though from a life of shooting and live rock music! :think:)

When it is in full wobble I will often put it to my ear and it sounds like 10 or 20 elves running around banging hammers on empty rubbish bins!! b-)

I love my 7750...:-!

Ita

Reactions: OzO

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I love my 7750...:-!

Ita
I love every 7750 I have ever owned, at least until service time...

The 7750 always seems alive to me and it strengthens the bond.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The 7750 always seems alive to me and it strengthens the bond.
LOL

I just picked mine up off my dairy so I could write a note for tomorrow... It started shakin' and wobblin' in my hand...

That is pure love man... Everyone's first Mechanical should be a 7750... Brilliant. :-!

BBNG... Love it brother. Marvel at the Mechanical Masterpiece it is...

Ita

1 - 11 of 11 Posts