WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.
I already post this topic in Tag Heuer forum instead i should post it here because of my question. Hopefully u guys can give me some good advice.
I want to buy watches with Valjoux 7750 movements price range from $1200 to $1500. This are the list of watches(Valjoux 7750 movement) that other members give me

Tissot PRS
Hamilton Jazzmaster
Hamilton Khaki
Accutron Gemini series
Accutron VX-200

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Archimede has a really nice new chronograph right in that range.
Check them out.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Chase -Durer, ORIS, Hamilton Khaki Aviation....you might also look at ETA based units with the DD202 module.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
as per 7750 movement watches , I think the Concord watch @ watchery for $799 is good deal.

some Invicta are with in your price @ shop NBC

I just pick up a brand new XEZO 7750 for $400 off ebay

their are few brands thats in your price range from ebel from ashford.com

its gray market watch but its selling at good prices with inhouse 2 year warranty..

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Swiss Army makes a few.

Hamilton has some variety and under your target.

Mido has a VERY nice 7750 in its Multifort Chrono and it comes in (street price) in your range.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all your advice.
How about Tissot PRS516 Automatic Chronograph?
Is it reliable? Anyone owned it?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Thanks guys for all your advice.
How about Tissot PRS516 Automatic Chronograph?
Is it reliable? Anyone owned it?
ive had bad experience with Tissot, and i wouldnt spend those kind of bucks on a "affordable" brand. but thats just me. theres a ton of Tissot fanatics here, and this is just my opinion. i bought a brand new PRS516 non-chrono and the rotor fell off the next day, when i waved to someone! took it back for a refund that same day, much to the AD's amazement. maybe i got a dud?

Dont forget that Fortis and Sinn both make amazing watches for their price, and can be had with your funds. id g there. i personally had a Fortis and found it much more well-made than my Tissot, i never owned a sinn but only heard rave reviews.

Go with a Fortis Fleiger chrono, its the sharpest looking 7750 chrono in that price range, IMO :-!

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
+1 on the Multifort also. They are incredibly well finished inside and out for their price-range. Mine is keeping +5 secs per day since I bought it last week and should slow down by a couple more seconds in a month or two as the watch breaks in.

Plus, they're often as heavily discounted as the ORIS(which don't come with ETAs anymore). I got mine at 30% off from a brick and mortar AD.

I posted pics of mine in Doc's thread(see link above).

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Tissot is a very reputable brand...I don't particularly care for the PRS516 Chrono (way too busy for me), but I have owned their Seastar 1000 Auto and own the PRS516 3-hand auto!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
ive had bad experience with Tissot, and i wouldnt spend those kind of bucks on a "affordable" brand. but thats just me. theres a ton of Tissot fanatics here, and this is just my opinion. i bought a brand new PRS516 non-chrono and the rotor fell off the next day, when i waved to someone! took it back for a refund that same day, much to the AD's amazement. maybe i got a dud?

Dont forget that Fortis and Sinn both make amazing watches for their price, and can be had with your funds. id g there. i personally had a Fortis and found it much more well-made than my Tissot, i never owned a sinn but only heard rave reviews.

Go with a Fortis Fleiger chrono, its the sharpest looking 7750 chrono in that price range, IMO :-!
I think it's obvious you got a dud Tissot. They wouldn't be in business still if every watch they produced would have its rotor fall off.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
The Accutron VX-200 is may still be available with the 7750 and probably for UNDER $1,000. It has a beautiful sstl bracelet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts