WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the G-shocks are the best value for money of all watches. In terms of features, construction and design choices. I am very impressed with my GW-810. Tons of features and perfect size for my narrow wrist (~6.5" if I'm properly hydrated! ;-) )

In the G-shock line, which model (currently sold models only, no discontinued models) do you think is the best value for money? (watches on sale at box stores qualify)

Ghobbit

P.S. This article is off topic but very interesting. It's about how high end watch manufacturers and auction houses conspired to increase the subjective values of their watches. This article made me appreciate my Gshock even more!!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119178753176051433.html

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The basic models (5600, 9052, etc).

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I propose the G2300 in addition to those basic models. It's in the same price range, and although it lacks time in stopwatch and CDT modes, it's solar powered. It's a lot of G-Shock for around £20. |>

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
i would also say G-2300, but its discontinued ?!
I think you're right, but you can still pick them up new. I've just ordered a second one from 4-watches.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice model and decent price.

As Christmas is just around the corner watch for those sales at your local box stores. Here in Canada the best place to buy is at the Bay stores and then at Sears (few models though). In the States I think it is JC Penny.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
What's a 'box store'? My best guess is that it's a warehouse 'no frills' kind of place.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Maybe he means brick and mortar stores? Not sure though but I'd like to go to Wal-Mart sometime this week and scope out their selection...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i really like the G-300, i have the KRT version, but its available in quite a few different colours, its a lot more compact than most G's and has some good features, its also an ana/digi.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
the best "value for money" is obviously a g-shock with very low cost. so every model for around 50 US $ or less would be fine for the job.

its something different to ask what watch is best "value for money as far as the personal preferences are concerned". in that case I would answer the question with the G800BD-1V which is right now the "grail" of all my g-shocks.

regards, holger

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I paid 59.99 for my GW500A which I think is a great price for all the features it has. I paid 36.99 for my DW5600, and 66.30 for my G9000-8V. I seldom wear my GW500 though and basically use it as my "time machine" for setting other watches too. Unfortunantly my G-Shocks have kind of fallen out of rotation since I've gotten into a few other watches. If I was going to wear one everyday, it would probably be the DW5600. It's light weight, easy to read, no frills functions, which btw works for me about 95% of the time, and just sheer Nostalgia look is perfect for most situations. And at a "Street"/ Wal*Mart price of under 40.00 is very hard to beat, IMO.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Going by MSRP, I'd have to say that the G-9000 Mudman has the best value for the money. From a purely functional perspective, the G-9000 is far superior to the older basic models, at a price that is just $20.00 higher than a DW-6900.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts