WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my grandma gave me one of my grandpa's watches to sell, and I don't know anything about watches. The receipt says 'GNTS OMEGA SEAMASTER120 18KT/STEEL WHT FACE'. I also took some hopefully not too terrible pictures that I will link below since they're kinda large.

http://i.imgur.com/ZlOvc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yuJOW.jpg

I was wondering what it's worth, if anything. I'd be happy to keep it if it's not worth anything, but I thought I'd ask you fine folks. Thanks for talking the time to read this!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hi,
Your watch is a one of a limited edition made by Omega for the 1996 Olympics. Its a nice clean design, but value takes a hit in today's market as it is relatively small (36mm) and a quartz movement. I would say probably worth around 800$, but you can trying searching the web and see what you can find. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I probably should've mentioned that the battery is dead, and my grandma said that getting that fixed costs like $200. So, I guess that would put the estimate at like $600? Got any tips for how I should go about selling it?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Changing the battery should cost 15$, It might go over that if you are having a service done, gaskets changed and WR tested. Still should not be 200$
Without putting a new battery in it, you can't be certain it works and therefore the price will go down accordingly. It is definitely worth your while to get a new battery in it so you can say it works and then try to sell it. Your best bet would be the sales corner or listing it on eBAY.

Thanks for replying. I probably should've mentioned that the battery is dead, and my grandma said that getting that fixed costs like $200. So, I guess that would put the estimate at like $600? Got any tips for how I should go about selling it?

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I'm not sure about $200, more like $20! I really wouldn't sell it without getting this fixed as a runner is always more popular than a dead watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, maybe there's something else wrong with it and I just heard it wrong. I'll have to find a local shop to get it checked out at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts