WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wondering about the differences of the ORIGINALS Longines Legend Diver watches , no date .

I have noted 2 different faces 2 different works , 2 different jewels .

First note the AS19 290 25 jewels dash lines at the 12 3 6 9 reads SWISS MADE under the 6
( I really don't know if the above original had 25 jewels , as I could only find the reissue)

Second note AS19 7042-2 17 jewels dots at the 12 3 6 9 reads SWISS under the 6

Were there less of the 17 jewel made ? -seem that is what I am finding.
Were these 2 examples put out the same year?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Super article, BSH, with excellent photographic support. I am able to get the gist of it with Mr. Google and a working knowledge of spanish. I will definitely take time to read that more closely over the weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Beautiful watches on your site .
I just can't read anything.
You show a 7042 - 1 .
Swiss under the number 6 , dots by the 12 3 6 9

What is the difference between between 7042-1 , and 7042-2 .

What dates where the 7042-1 and 7042 - 2 made?
Are they both 17 jewels ?
Are they 42 mm or 44 mm?

Are these Legends or Nautilus ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
There are no differences between 7042 1-2-3 , all of them with 19AS movement , all of them with 100 mt diving depth tested. Just one special dial design with dots and radial lines on the first part of the 01 serie. Than the big move to 290 movement (in my opinion more affordable than the tiny 19AS) with exactly the same look in all components in the 01 serie. From the serie 7150-02 and 03 the hands are changing and , main point , the crown are 200 meters depth tested. The following references with 290 movement are the 7494 (01-02-03) and the 7594 , the last with no changes.......Those are the "two crowns diver" (the legend is the new remake in my opinion). The Nautilus is the first with one crown and the external rotating plastic bezel.

PS all of them are 42 mm. without the crown , the Nautilus is 40mm. without the crown.
Sorry, now I answered to all your questions (except the one related to the value where I have no idea)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you .

I have a 7042 - 2 , AS19 , with dots , SWISS under the 6 , case 132 , 17 jewel , serial number starts with 114 ,
the hands are open you can see through them . This watch is missing the second hand , has a damaged crystal, and is missing
the time setting stem/crown .Some wear/fading to the face , but no worse than I've seen on others.

The hatched line / net , bezel crown is here ,and turns the bezel just fine.
Also the watch is in running / working condition and really seems to keep time.
Screw on back cover also seems to screw tight

I do thank you for your help and time .

·
Registered
231 Posts
It can help a picture of it , just to see what is needed to get it in a new splendid shape.....take care of it :=) , my pleasure...now I go to watch 2nd half of AC Milan match......
Ciao Britishshorthair
I ´ve watching the soccer match too !! Are you a rossonero fan?
BTW I agree with you , this is one of best and beautiful vintage divers ever (also with the Memovox diver, the Movado-Zenith diver and few others)

Great article , thank for sharing!! (I must to improve my Italian)
saludos

Kingmatic

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What you have there is an original Longines Diver (super compressor).

The Nautilus is an earlier single crown watch with an external bezel.
The Legend is the modern reissue that looks like the Diver but isn't a genuine super compressor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with you except one point : "super-compressor" is a patented watch case where is stamped the word plus there is a specific logo and patent numbers

. The Longines diver double crown models are in-house made and no supercompressor patent has been used. Two examples of what I mean....

Longines back case
Platter Metal

An example of a back case belonging to a "super-compressor" patented watch

Metal Circle Trophy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help , I now have a better understanding.

A few have contacted me through this thread asking the price .
At this point I haven't a clue , as I haven't found any other
originals just like this for sale .

Also I am not sure of the best way to offer this.

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
Thanks for your help , I now have a better understanding.

A few have contacted me through this thread asking the price .
At this point I haven't a clue , as I haven't found any other
originals just like this for sale .

Also I am not sure of the best way to offer this.
We don't set up sales in the discussion forum... pleeze! There are for sale forums here for that. Make sure you read their rules first. Sometimes it seems nobody does...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"We don't set up sales in the discussion forum... pleeze! There are for sale forums here for that. Make sure you read their rules first. Sometimes it seems nobody does..."

Please direct me to the sale forums here.
I did look for it but can't find it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts