WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Steinhart lists their prices with and without the 19% VAT tax. Buying from the USA would I have to pay the VAT tax? I know about the VAT refund for travelers and tourists but since this is an online purchase I'm unsure.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
No VAT for U.S. customers purchasing online, but you will owe a small customs bill from FedEx--$15 to $30. The Euro is dropping against the dollar today, so the time is good to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No VAT for U.S. customers purchasing online, but you will owe a small customs bill from FedEx--$15 to $30. The Euro is dropping against the dollar today, so the time is good to pull the trigger!
Ok I see. Thankyou. Trust me I would buy it today except I'm looking at getting an Ocean-1. I still have to wait until their in stock. :-( Once they are back I'll be sure to grab one. I don't understand why anyone would buy from Debaufre at a rate of $465 when you get get the same thing from Steinhart for 50 or 60 bucks cheaper after shipping. Either way I'm going Steinhart. :thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, it's about $150 less for me to buy a Steinhart GMT Ocean-1 then buying it from Debaufre. It's a shame, Debaufre should run a special or sale right now to complete with the EUR to USD exchange rate.

Granted, Debaufre HAS the GMT Ocean-1 in stock but I can wait...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts