WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vacheron-Constantin-Cory-Richards-Overseas-Dual-Time-Prototype.jpg

NEW-Vacheron-Constantin-Cory-Richards-Overseas-Dual-Time-Prototype-1-1.jpg

Spectacular. I just wish they had left it at titanium without the use of tantalum. I hope it was sourced responsibly (and VC can document it) as it is a conflict mineral that has funded genocide and warfare in Rwanda and DRC. I love the watch. But not enough for that....

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Yeah this is stunning, I'd actually shuffle the collection around to add this one if they come to their senses and produce it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah this is stunning, I'd actually shuffle the collection around to add this one if they come to their senses and produce it.
I have a feeling that they will release a variation on this (rather than this exact version). They will change things like the rotor, perhaps the tantalum, etc. That way, they can benefit from the positive reaction to this one-off without making it identical to the project watch. I hope so, at least.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
From what I understand VC will produce a custom watch. Any guesstimates as to how much a one-off Titanium Overseas would cost?

Reactions: dbostedo

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From what I understand VC will produce a custom watch. Any guesstimates as to how much a one-off Titanium Overseas would cost?
Low six-figures? Pure speculation on my part, but a 10x of the "normal" version would be what I personally would anticipate. This one, however, was probably free as part of a sponsorship/brand ambassador deal. If anyone from VC is reading this, I would happily be your next brand ambassador. We could simply change the rotor to include Babaquivari Peak and some saguaro cacti. No need to make other changes. PM for my shipping address. ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts