WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked Suunto customer support for a definitive answer to the "can I change the coloured bit on my Vector" question, and here's their reply:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Suunto.

It is indeed possible to have the 'coloured part between the Vector bezel and the rest of the body of the watch' replaced at any of our service centers. This part is refered to as the 'upper casing' and includes the coloured part, bezel and acrylic face.

The upper casing can be changed for any colour which is currently in stock (currently limited to khaki, yellow, black and Xblack).

Unfortunately the upper casing is not available for purchase seperately as this is not classed as a user replaceable part.

If you live in the Europe or the USA and would like to have the upper casing replaced on your Vector please visit the link below to fill out a service request:

http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/article_1column.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673959291&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395903546&bmUID=1178713574617

With Best Regards,
Suunto Helpdesk
So, there you go. Better take a look at halfapie's recent post if you want to have a go yourself...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Cool Thanks for the info.I like both of mine the way they are So I wont be doing this.But for those who are bored with what they have this would be a cool idea.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I know, i am reviving a yeors old thread, but i am just awaiting my first Suunto (a Regatta) and did yome research (I was sucked into modifying g-shocks by this board, you know...)

I would love to get spares to change the colour to black and found this:

Face Suunto , Vector , Altimax , Mariner E Regatta - R$ 115,00 no MercadoLivre

So, as my Spanish is about as good as my japanese - can someone tell me if this is what i think is a n advert for the coloured suunto plastic parts (top case with crystal) and how i could eventually purchase one?
Maybe this would be interesting for some of us, either tto refurb their older Suuntos or to change the colour to their liking, if they do sell internationally?!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Again, you have to send it in for service. Suunto doesn't sell parts like Casio does.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Thank you, i did understand that - but the vendor in the link i provided seems to sell those parts - maybe they are aftermarket ones, i cannot judge from the pics, as i am still waiting for my first Suunto to be delivered.
If he does, that would be a nice option, as i am not afraid to tear into an ABC watch.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am just Zombifiying this thread to add some information that might be of interest for the Suunto crowd.

A fellow member from Brazil was so kind to buy one of the upper Cases from the aforementioned site for me and forward it to me.

I received it today, new and with a blue anti-scratch cover and including a new Case Gasket, too.

I stripped down my Mariner and replaced the scuffed light blue Top Case half with the one i ordered.

It´s a black one for the Vector, which i liked best, but i could have ordered a blue one, too.

The refurbished Mariner, all black and ready for service:

I am sorry for the rather bad pics, but i guess the Information is more valuable than my limited photographic skills in this thread.

From all i could see, the part seems to be a genuine Vector spare part. No signs of bad moulds inside or out, all corners and edges were formed correctly.

I did remove the "vector" writing under the Suunto myself with a soft, white eraser and some patience.

BTW, is it normal that the bezel ring is nearly impossible to turn?
I put all three small springs back in, point facing to the dial, the bezel ring was press fitted on and i lubed it with silicone oil.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
From all i could see, the part seems to be a genuine Vector spare part. No signs of bad moulds inside or out, all corners and edges were formed correctly.

BTW, is it normal that the bezel ring is nearly impossible to turn?
LOL.... IM sure its all put back together correctly. But the statements above look funny next to each other.

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I´m wondering if maybe teh bezel ring did not completely slip over/under teh plastic lip on the case - until now i only took ss cases/bezels apart and i was not sure how hard i can press before something gives...
I checked the dimensions before assembly and could not see why it should not move - Maybe I`ll prty the bezel ring back off.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Sieht klasse aus!!
I tried to change the upper casing years ago, but couldn't get the screws loosened, and I didn't want to tear them up. I have an old Mariner to and I got a green new casing...How did you do that??

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts