WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an older G-Shock with vinyl straps and after 10 yrs, its dying on me. What I really like is the velcro vinyl straps (they don't scratch up my laptops).

I'm looking to get probably either a Casio G-Shock PRW2500T-7, or PRW2500-1 and would like to know if the band can be removed and replaced for straps. Heres a link similar to the straps my current watch has and I'd like to find something similar for a new one.

This description can be used in search engines to see the straps: "Original Casio G-shock Glide Green Velcro Nylon Replacement Watch Band 23-24mm"

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Shy away from Velcro straps when I lost a favorite Seiko retrofitted with a Velcro band while windsurfing.
Depends on the system the velcro strap employs. Some aren't as secure as others. I've used a one piece velcro on my generic Casio digital with no problems, thus far. Plus, nylon is rot, mildew, and water resistant by nature. Depending on the model you have; you can probably get an adapter to wear a plethora of Zulu straps or just use the replacement straps. Posting a picture of the actual watch would help too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts