WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! I was looking at a watch for sale which has a Venus 150 movement.

I checked it against other pictures of the Venus 150, also against the Ranfft database.

To my untrained eye, it seems OK, but is there anything I've missed? Also, are these movements difficult to service, or difficult to get parts for?

Thanks for your help!
V150.jpg

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I own a Gallet watch with the V150 movement. Not uncommon, but it is a caliber from the 1930's. Any watchmaker worth his loupe can work on it. Expensive is relative of course, but in US Dollars, I generally pay in the $200 - $250 range for a 2-subdial chronograph. Depending on what random parts need to be replaced.

Do you have a good watchmaker in Singapore?

@MetalsofWar, I really like Cork County. Some good memories from that area.

~D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Yes, fortunately I have a good watchmaker in Singapore who can service vintage chronographs for a decent price.

Coming back to the movement, I've just noticed there's some greyish stuff at the top near 12 o'clock. Is that a cause for concern?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks guys! Yes, fortunately I have a good watchmaker in Singapore who can service vintage chronographs for a decent price.

Coming back to the movement, I've just noticed there's some greyish stuff at the top near 12 o'clock. Is that a cause for concern?
Seems to be localised on the flyback lever spring and actuating detent lever and hook. Maybe some on the baseplate. If they function correctly and it's just some superficial tarnishing it's not that bad. It's not pleasing to look at though ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Vintage1982 and Fred! The seller hasn't disclosed the diameter of the movement, but the watch case itself is said to be 38mm w/o crown.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
looks like a 175, size correct for a 175, so probably is a 175.
one of the best chronograph movements, relatively good spare parts supply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts