WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This appears to be a rare watch, I was wondering what others thought of it on here. I posted this on another forum and did recieve heat for claiming it to be grail.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,888 Posts
Sorry, dude. Fashion watch. Not quite the diametric opposite of high end, but a lot closer to that, than to high end. Uncommon but very basic Ronda movement, gauging from the other Versace chronographs. Definitely a situation where the asking price is grossly inflated by the name on the dial...by a good factor of 10, if not more.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Check out the other thread at the public forum, pure comedy gold. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/grail-watch-5016239.html
Wow. Epic thread. I'm mildly amazed it hasn't been shut down, but then again no one's been more than marginally rude.

I for one would love to see a quartz powered movement with a tourbillon...

P.S. For the OP, if your watch is a battery powered quartz, I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for it to have a tourbillon. And if it did, it would serve no purpose (although it's arguable that tourbillons serve any real purpose in mechanical watches these days, other than to demonstrate technical prowess).

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm fairly certain you got enough responses in the public forum to know the overall consensus on the watch. It is not even close to high-end.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
OP: If you like the watch and you think it is grail-worthy, that is great. Buy it and enjoy it.

I much prefer threads when the OP is actually talking about a watch he likes, rather than all the BS threads on shortages, value retention, rude ADs etc etc.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's actually kinda sweet really. OP falls head over heels in love with the first one he meets that isn't actually made of plastic. Thinks 'discontinued' and 'rare' are the same thing. Posts in multiple forums because everyone needs to know he's found The One.

When did we all become so calloused? Shame on us.

You go OP! Shout it from the rooftops! This is young love and it is wonderful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's actually kinda sweet really. OP falls head over heels in love with the first one he meets that isn't actually made of plastic. Thinks 'discontinued' and 'rare' are the same thing. Posts in multiple forums because everyone needs to know he's found The One.

When did we all become so calloused? Shame on us.

You go OP! Shout it from the rooftops! This is young love and it is wonderful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I mean.. dont encourage him though? He got combative and has some kind of disorder that doesnt allow him to just take the kind advice people gave in the beginning. Realistically, if he loves it, thats great. its a bit too gaudy for most but thats kind of versace's schtick anyways. but instead of rolling with "thanks for the info but I still love it" it just turned into troll central with combative and illogical angry takes.

·
Registered
671 Posts
it just turned into troll central with combative and illogical angry takes.
Yeah, but only because he (and those responding) are having a blast. Either that, or he's a child, or a member of a hill tribe, that totally lacks the ability to process the broader concepts at play here.

Either way we've seen enough by now to know there's little point arguing unless it entertains us to do so ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.