WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think there is a problem with the website, almost no chances that all 40 go in 3 hours after the newsletter is sent.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
That's pretty crazy but not surprising. Reasonable price, only 40 made..... I can believe it sold out in only a few hours. I got an email this morning and immediately went to purchase and it was gone.

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
Whether it is sold out or not, the pic Stowa chose for newsletter and website does not call my name. I have difficulties to see how the grey r e a l l y looks. Pass though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whether it is sold out or not, the pic Stowa chose for newsletter and website does not call my name. I have difficulties to see how the grey r e a l l y looks. Pass though.
I agree. I had one in my shopping cart but kept looking at the photo and I really couldn’t get a good sense of the overall color scheme. So I let it go. Onward...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,882 Posts
Nope, love my Stowa's but there could be 4K of these but it be on my wrist, too many of his other stuff that calls . . .

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I first clicked the link in the e-mail about 30 minutes after it arrived and they showed sold out.

HOWEVER, for those not familiar... Once a watch is added to your cart, you have 20 minutes to checkout. If you don't checkout in 20 minutes, the watch is released for someone else to purchase. Even though it showed sold out - I refreshed the page periodically and one or two would pop up as available again. Sometimes it was already gone by the time I tried to add it to my cart but eventually I was able to get one using this strategy. Just FYI.

Now I have to decide which of my other two PVD watches will be going to make room (assuming I really like the Verus in the flesh). Either my Terra Cielo Mare Orienteering PVD (really cool and super rare but HUGE at 47mm) or my Unimatic U3 chrono, which I really like even though it's a mecha-quartz.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’m a big fan as well. Is this slightly different than worn and wounds collaboration ‘grau’?

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
I’m a big fan as well. Is this slightly different than worn and wounds collaboration ‘grau’?
Good question. Nobody has seen the watch in the flesh. Well, Stowa staff might have seen it. The picture (as I already wrote) does not give any hint what kind of grey the grey is. You should drop Stowa an email to get to know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got this back:

Many thanks for your email.
It’s somehow similar but technically a limited series on its own.
Please feel free to contact me for any further questions.
With best regards from the Black Forest.

I guess we’ll find out exactly in a few weeks!

·
Moderator at Large
52,758 Posts
„Somehow similar“ ? Well, that‘s not the answer I would have expected from Stowa staff. It‘s like „maybe, maybe not, but it is special“.

Stowa added some pics on IG but to me the numerals look silverish rather than grey.

·
Vendor
920 Posts
Hello everybody,

here is maybe the best picture to see the grey of the new limited series.

The hands and the numbers are grey - the dial and case are black.

Some of the pictures in the Shop maybe not as clear as this picture.

The serie was sold out in 2 hours - we have been surprised and happy of course.

Maybe some of the customers will cancel - that's happen 2-3 watches a serie.

So - if someone is interested he can write a email and we take his request on our list and if we get cancellations we will offer a piece-

bye for now

Jörg Schauer
CEO STOWA

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
It looks great on the wrist, thanks for sharing and providing more info! Looking forward to getting mine.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts