WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning a few different Hammys, and until now being very satisfied with the brand, I'm just about done with Hamilton.

The H70655733 // Cal. ETA 2895-2 is my most recent Hammy purchase. I was instantly attracted to it's simple and true military feel. Felt it was a vintage look that I didn't have to be so worried about wearing. Additionally, I figured with the Hamilton name, an ETA movement, and under $1,000 this was a no-brainer. O, how I was wrong.

After owning this timepiece for only three months, I started to see condensation within the case. This was an immediate concern. I thought bad gasket or bad assembly. So, I decided to send in for service directly with Hamilton. I previously had the belief that manufactures get it right 100% of the time. Independents, please don't kill me for that previous thought. It no longer resonates.

I've had it now for almost three weeks after receiving it back from service. I finally decide to wear it and the condensation reappears on the inner side of the crystal. See attached images.

Very disappointing experience with Hamilton. I know that it's only a $945 piece. Regardless, this is a brand that just isn't making it right.

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's nasty,you have to talk to them for replacing it. Clearly they didn't repaired it right or is something else.
But the condesanton it appeard just like that,no water baths and such?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would try this first: Pull the crown/stem out to the time setting position and place the watch under a very bright (warm) lamp for a few hours. That should get the moisture out. If the condensation returns, then there is probably a problem with how the watch is sealed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea Five of Clubs. Going to give it a try.

If not, Cypher, I'm going to fight for a replacement.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I would get it replaced. They may have to replace everything anyway in order to stop the leak or whatever is letting moisture inside the watch. Anyway, if the watch already has moisture in it, that means it's in the movement and you don't want that compromised.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah that's not cool. They definitely should make it right.

Sorry you've had to deal with this...regardless of the $$$ spent, it's more the hassle, the time, the disappointment...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just as an update. I've now owned my replacement from Hamilton for about 9 months. No problems whatsoever. My faith in Hamilton has been restored.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Just as an update. I've now owned my replacement from Hamilton for about 9 months. No problems whatsoever. My faith in Hamilton has been restored.
Satisfaction isn't always just the watch you buy. It's also the way problems are resolved.

Reactions: mla and allwoundup

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Nice. I thought that it was an unusual problem. You got a lemon. Glad to hear the replacement is in good order. It's a nice watch. I have the Conservation GMT which is similar in style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts