WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panerai is sold and my new Omega Speedmaster, well new to me as it is from 1969, is coming in the next few days! I've had a lot of help from a colleague on TZ-Uk to find what looks like a beautiful example. I'm going to have it for a couple of weeks before sending it to STS in Essex for a full service and overhaul. I will post some pictures here when it arrives and seem your advice about what I should and shouldn't get done to it! Very excited! This is grail, birth year, watch for me and a definite keeper!

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Congrats look forward to pics, and read on here STS do some good work. Such a great watch to own esp when on different types of straps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've been helped out massively by a TZ member, Jack, who has sold me a mint watch he had and will personally oversee the servicing at STS for me too. Can't wait to see it on Monday!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good! I've just bought a Gasgasbones one with a cool label. What is the dark brown one in your second photo. That looks lovely. And do you use a deployment clasp?

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,714 Posts
Looking good! I've just bought a Gasgasbones one with a cool label. What is the dark brown one in your second photo. That looks lovely. And do you use a deployment clasp?
That's a hirsch medici in golden brown. This strap can be modified to be used with an Omega deployant or can be used with the included tang, or with an Omega tang. It's a lovely strap with curved ends..and not just because there happens to be a like- new exact combo on the sales forums either. It looks great on the Speedy.

Sent from something electronic. soak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts