WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum and have always had an on again off again liking for watches. I've looked at several brands including the very top ones down to the entry level watches. Right now I'm only able to afford a watch that is about $800 or less(preferable in the 4-600 range) and had a couple that I wanted to ask which one people prefer and why, to gauge opinions and maybe help me decide on which the best one maybe out of the bunch. Thanks guys, Here they are:

Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium

Bulova Moon Watch(leather strap)

Victorinox Infantry 241518/Infantry Vintage

Tissot PRS516

Glycine Combat 6

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic

Couldn't post pics due to being new. Thanks for any input, and any additional watches along the same lines that you might recommend are welcomed as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That is a very varied group. What type of watch would you prefer to have? Dress watches, field watches, pilot watches, dive watches? What's your preferred size? Would your wrists be able to fit those watches you've listed? IIRC the bulova has quite a long lug to lug length. What will you be using the watch for? They are all very different watches. Hope you didn't just find a bunch of watches that people have had good reviews for and try to decide on one of them.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Cripes.. As valetchrome said, that's a very broad range of styles.

All I can say is they're all made by reputable watch brands, so if you like the look, the watch should be fine.

I'm leaning (possibly) to buying the moon watch next. So if you've got big wrists, (its a big watch), buy that. Or don't :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a very varied group. What type of watch would you prefer to have? Dress watches, field watches, pilot watches, dive watches? What's your preferred size? Would your wrists be able to fit those watches you've listed? IIRC the bulova has quite a long lug to lug length. What will you be using the watch for? They are all very different watches. Hope you didn't just find a bunch of watches that people have had good reviews for and try to decide on one of them.
I should have mentioned that I'm looking at 2 possible different watches, one for work and one for casual wear that has good chronographs. I know a few of the ones I've posted don't fit the latter, but I'm also interested in one that is highly accurate and that will last me a long time. I've been looking at different watches and comparing them overall and have picked the ones I have due to looks and the overall movement and quality they seem to have.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Halios Delfin would be my choice for one watch.
Another great option is Certina DS-2 Precidrive

Other's to mention
Aevig Balaur
Nth Tropics
Seiko Sumo
Seiko SRP773 775 777
Bulova Moonwatch (can be found on sale for great prices)
Magrette Waterman
Belmoto Tourer
Nezumi Voiture
Moto Koure
Certina DS-1
Sinn 556
Hamilton Pan Europ (Chrono or 3 hand)
Anything else from Halios

·
Registered
466 Posts
Halios Delfin would be my choice for one watch.
Another great option is Certina DS-2 Precidrive

Other's to mention
Aevig Balaur
Nth Tropics
Seiko Sumo
Seiko SRP773 775 777
Bulova Moonwatch (can be found on sale for great prices)
Magrette Waterman
Belmoto Tourer
Nezumi Voiture
Moto Koure
Certina DS-1
Sinn 556
Hamilton Pan Europ (Chrono or 3 hand)
Anything else from Halios
Second the DS-2 suggestion. HAQ, chronograph and equal parts dressy and casual. Fulfills all the OP's needs. Might I say that it is exceedingly gorgeous as well.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
How things have changed. Moon Watch, Jazzmaster, Glycine, all great watches.

My first watch looked like this, I must have been doing something wrong...

·
Registered
15,812 Posts
OP I can only give you an opinion on the Bulova moon watch, as that's the only of your choices I own. It's a lovely watch and I'd not be put off by the size as the lug to lug measurement is manageable. I've got a 7" wrist. . . . .

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
OP, they are indeed a fine bunch and you'd be hard pushed to make a bad choice for your first watch. The Bulova seems to be getting lots of love but I reckon I'd go for the Tissot. No reason - I just like the 516.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts