WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Oris Orange Small Second Date.

Here's the deal:

The AD has an interesting half-back offer going on. So I pay full retail price of the watch, but will get half of the value back as a voucher.

Retail on the watch with rubber strap is $1765, and with the metal bracelet is $1850. If I go ahead, I'll get a voucher of about $900, redeemable only in their showroom. They carry Longines, Hamilton, Omega as well.

If I choose to go forward with the purchase, but don't want the half-back, then the AD will consider a 20% off the retail.

Regular discount is valid indefinitely, half-back is valid till 15th Feb.

Thoughts, feedback, suggestions, recommendations please?

The other thing is that I'm doing a ping-pong on rubber vs. metal bracelet. Rubber looks cool, metal looks great as well! Getting both is most certainly an option. But if given an option what would most of you pick, and why?

Thank you all! :-!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well, with the voucher you are paying full price about $2000 USD. You MUST spend the voucher at their store (more business for them). Or you can buy from another AD and get 30% or a little more and take the savings and stick it in your pocket to save or put it towards another watch at ANY other seller.

To me the voucher is a way to get full price and not a good deal.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Oris Orange Small Second Date.

Here's the deal:

The AD has an interesting half-back offer going on. So I pay full retail price of the watch, but will get half of the value back as a voucher.

Retail on the watch with rubber strap is $1765, and with the metal bracelet is $1850. If I go ahead, I'll get a voucher of about $900, redeemable only in their showroom. They carry Longines, Hamilton, Omega as well.

If I choose to go forward with the purchase, but don't want the half-back, then the AD will consider a 20% off the retail.

Regular discount is valid indefinitely, half-back is valid till 15th Feb.

Thoughts, feedback, suggestions, recommendations please?

The other thing is that I'm doing a ping-pong on rubber vs. metal bracelet. Rubber looks cool, metal looks great as well! Getting both is most certainly an option. But if given an option what would most of you pick, and why?

Thank you all! :-!

PM me if you want an AD that many of us have purchased from with great success.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info AIKO.

I've sent an email to the AD, let's see if the price will throw the AD here off his footing.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This whole half-back offer has really put me onto a different league altogether!

I'm now—crazily—considering a Seamaster PO 45.5! Ouch, that purchase is going to really make a dent.

This is not a this or that issue at all now.

This forum is not good! Not good, honest to god! $1000>>$1500>>>$2000>>>>>$3000!!!! gulp!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
To me the voucher is a way to get full price and not a good deal.
I don't entirely agree, the voucher is a better deal that the alternative he's offering 20% off as long as your planning on getting two watches. Basically the voucher is worth 25% off two watches of the same value as the Oris (i.e. 25% off the Oris and 25% off one of the same value assuming your paying full price on that one too). Alternatively its worth 25% off the Oris and 100% off a watch <$450 or much less than 25% off a bigger price purchase such as the PO. If you can use the voucher on a future purchase AND get an additional 20% off that second purchase then this voucher business gets a bit better again. How good it is will depend on how you use it and what you want, nos sense if you end up with a second watch you didn't want to buy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't entirely agree, the voucher is a better deal that the alternative he's offering 20% off as long as your planning on getting two watches. Basically the voucher is worth 25% off two watches of the same value as the Oris (i.e. 25% off the Oris and 25% off one of the same value assuming your paying full price on that one too). Alternatively its worth 25% off the Oris and 100% off a watch <$450 or much less than 25% off a bigger price purchase such as the PO. If you can use the voucher on a future purchase AND get an additional 20% off that second purchase then this voucher business gets a bit better again. How good it is will depend on how you use it and what you want, nos sense if you end up with a second watch you didn't want to buy.
Well that's the real problem, the voucher is valid on any purchase except the PO, which I would've happily bought. And the voucher has to be used before the 15th of Feb. I think I'm much better off just taking the discount and forgetting the half-back offer.

Unless I find something that I want to buy from the AD, so far I haven't.

Thanks for your feedback Drez.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Maybe, my thought which I communicated to Razer by Pm was he can do better than 20-25% discount from an AD. If he can get 35-39% discount from another AD the voucher seemed to be a way to lock him in for two watches. On the other hand, 25% may be a nice deal on a PO but it sounds like they are not going for that. I still think not a good deal. What do you think?:think:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Razer, do you have a wife or girlfriend, and does the AD also sell jewelry and/or women's watches? If so, maybe you take the voucher, and get something very nice for the wife/girlfriend for Valentine's day, essentially for free! I'm sure you would make her quite happy, and at the same time, might just buy yourself a little bit of understanding from her in the future when you go to buy your next watch! :-d Heh, just a thought.

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe, my thought which I communicated to Razer by Pm was he can do better than 20-25% discount from an AD. If he can get 35-39% discount from another AD the voucher seemed to be a way to lock him in for two watches. On the other hand, 25% may be a nice deal on a PO but it sounds like they are not going for that. I still think not a good deal. What do you think?:think:
AIKO, the AD did reply and their quote is about 7% off what I would get from my local AD with his discount. Not insignificant, but small enough for me to consider the full half-back deal.

Timewaster is on the dot as well, I've been toying with the idea that if all fails, I'll just go ahead and pick a watch for my wife. Although, she's not necessarily a watch person, she'd be happy nonetheless! :-d

Creditably, this deal has been engineered by a very deviant marketing chap. You do get your discount, but you don't get it easily. It is designed for you to fall in the trap of paying full and taking something else off their shelves as well.

If I've worked the math right in my head, if I take two watches by paying their full price, I'm probably getting a 25-30% discount on the total amount. Which I would've got anyways....:-s

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Seems like a decent deal to me.
I'd tell him to give me a year on the voucher offer though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Game over guys!

I picked up a bucketful of watches. Cracked a deal with the local AD here, and managed to get the watch that I really wanted.

More details and pictures tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Game over guys!

I picked up a bucketful of watches. Cracked a deal with the local AD here, and managed to get the watch that I really wanted.

More details and pictures tomorrow!
Great, congrats. Glad it worked out and I am looking forward to seeing pics! The AD I sent you was 7% less than your AD? If so, pretty good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The info. you sent to me was great, and the AD you mentioned is quite on top of their game. Their email was as detailed as it could be. It's kinda sad that I didn't buy the Oris, because I started this exercise with it mind, maybe soon enough! ;-)

What I did buy with the half-back offer, in order of price:

1. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5
2. Omega Seamaster 300M Quartz Women's
3. Victorinox Swiss Army
4. Continental (Rectangular) Quartz

After a lot of chit-chat, the AD was clear enough about my seriousness in getting the PO. There was a minimum spend bar which if crossed would qualify the total deal for a half-back. The PO was already close to the bar in retail price: $3787, and the bar was $4100.

So I picked up a Victorinox Swiss Army to fill in the gap.

Then a came the nasty surprise, the rep. informed me that he was sorry, but the deputy GM isn't approving this deal, because the Omega involved should be over $4100. He was getting real antsy about this. So I said no worries, I won't buy anything and will walk out the store just as I had walked in, empty handed.

Good sense prevailed, and they gave me a half-back voucher worth $2050. And I picked up the Omega Seamaster 300M Quartz for my wife. There was some left over in the voucher for which I got the Continental.

Quite excited about my PO, and my wife loves her Seamaster as well.

The Oris still comes up in my conversations, but the PO is so overpowering that all fades....

Thank you all for your feedback!:-!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The info. you sent to me was great, and the AD you mentioned is quite on top of their game. Their email was as detailed as it could be. It's kinda sad that I didn't buy the Oris, because I started this exercise with it mind, maybe soon enough! ;-)

What I did buy with the half-back offer, in order of price:

1. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5
2. Omega Seamaster 300M Quartz Women's
3. Victorinox Swiss Army
4. Continental (Rectangular) Quartz

After a lot of chit-chat, the AD was clear enough about my seriousness in getting the PO. There was a minimum spend bar which if crossed would qualify the total deal for a half-back. The PO was already close to the bar in retail price: $3787, and the bar was $4100.

So I picked up a Victorinox Swiss Army to fill in the gap.

Then a came the nasty surprise, the rep. informed me that he was sorry, but the deputy GM isn't approving this deal, because the Omega involved should be over $4100. He was getting real antsy about this. So I said no worries, I won't buy anything and will walk out the store just as I had walked in, empty handed.

Good sense prevailed, and they gave me a half-back voucher worth $2050. And I picked up the Omega Seamaster 300M Quartz for my wife. There was some left over in the voucher for which I got the Continental.

Quite excited about my PO, and my wife loves her Seamaster as well.

The Oris still comes up in my conversations, but the PO is so overpowering that all fades....

Thank you all for your feedback!:-!

Good for you. Gotta be ready to walk if needed. Which PO-RED/ORANGE letters-rubber...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steel bracelet, plain dial.

I love the matte black dial with plain letters. My Fortis Cosmo is just the same...

In fact, I'm quite impressed with the Fortis build quality after having seen the Omega up close. Will leave that for a separate discussion.

Thanks mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts