WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spotted on fleabay... I've been on and off on the lookout for vintage El Primero's during the past years and never seen one before...

ZENITH EL PRIMERO Drucktastenchronograph, SCHWARZES ZB su eBay.it Zenith, Luxusuhren, Uhren Schmuck

The normal blue dial 'TV' El Primero from 1973 is a very beautiful watch. There are some slight variations within the model : two different types of bracelet. Blue or white date disk. 31 or 17 jewels, Zenith or Movado.

Perhaps the blue dial is nicer than the black dial. But the black dial is extremely rare : only 50 were made.

One observation though : the model number on the back of this one on fleabay, seems incorrect :think:.

Considering the pricetag, we should all get a blue one and "Paint it black" :-!

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
I would not recommend buying on ebay, there are specialized professional boutiques who sell pristine condition items with a warranty. Ok the price is not the same but you have a warranty in case of trouble.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you Georges.

I wasn't actually planning to buy it, and I don't want to encourage anyone to buy it, just wanted to share opinions on this rare item.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have been dying to see one of the black ones for ages. Never having seen one before I have nothing to compare it against other than the blue one and I haven't even had a chance to do that but my gut feeling is that this just might be legit. It's certainly in very clean condition. No movement pic though.

I don't think the fact that the caseback model number is 0200 rather than 0201 necessarily counts against it. It is certainly not unknown for a Zenith model range to have a generic model number on the back that doesn't reflect the sub-models in the line individually (I'm thinking De Lucas here).

I really want this to be legit, but not enough to buy it.

Dave

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Seller certainly knows what he or she is selling...spicy price.

Georges! If I didn't buy on eBay, what would I do with all the money I saved? Pay my mortgage or health insurance? Pah! Bring on the fleabay watches!:-d

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Seller certainly knows what he or she is selling...spicy price.

Georges! If I didn't buy on eBay, what would I do with all the money I saved? Pay my mortgage or health insurance? Pah! Bring on the fleabay watches!:-d
Agreed! While not recommending eBay, I have purchased enough from there to know that if you do your homework, it can be rewarding.

Dan

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Agreed! While not recommending eBay, I have purchased enough from there to know that if you do your homework, it can be rewarding.

Dan
The seller's rep is über-important IMO - it doesn't matter if the guy has a 100% feedback over the course of many years with 100's of transactions when they're all from flipping beanie babies, then all of a sudden a unicorn-esque El Primero like this guy comes along all pristine and NOS-like with an attractive BIN to tempt those with fast fingers and impulsive behavior. Not saying that this is the case here with this seller but still... Pic courtesy zeitwanderer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts