WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DMB gave me an idea in an earlier post. Rather than showing off our timepieces, how about showing off the ones with our children in?
Here's my James, last Christmas (seems only two minutes ago!) with his first ever watch. It features a dolphin design and a nato style strap. And it's quartz! I doubt we'll see many Omega's, perhaps we'll save that post for another 20 years or so.

And the obligatory wrist shot :)

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Super thread Fergie!

Being a father and new grandfather, I can relate. Gotta love them children. Changes your life for the better.
My son and daughter with the goose. Son with the Stowa Marine that
he lifted from me. Not the only one he stole either. Seems I'm fueling another watch fetish.

The brood at Thanksgiving. the little guy beside me is the son in law
and father to my new grandchild. Gotta watch him. Also daughter Dilly.

Daughter Dilly, 16, with the new grandson McKee. Never wore a watch in her life. Ain't because I didn't try.

My grandson McKee still at the hospital. I'm gonna start him early.

McKee with a new PO chrono.

I think He is a Speedy type of guy too.......Moonphase only.

I love to see others families, pictures of them and where they live. It adds a more personal touch to whom you are conversing with.
Thanks guys and espically Fergie, great thread!
jim

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Super thread Fergie!

Thanks guys and espically Fergie, great thread!

jim
You're welcome Jim :-!

p.s. I knew we see a goose in this thread.

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
Nice thread Fergie, and great pics everyone, as Jim says its always nice to put faces to names, here's our Jack with an old quartz Heuer (pre TAG) Diver of mine, he loves it tho the nato goes around his wrist about three times!

And Jack and I enjoying some Spanish sun

Cheers,

Sean

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
enjoy them while they are young . I have a 12 year old (i'm 33 now) and my daughter is becoming a real pain in the ass .. Women I tell ya ugh .... Oh and nice avatar of the Stig there fellas .. BTW Jeremy Clarkson owns a Planet Ocean ... we love to watch Top Gear

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Very cool thread Fergie....

Here is my oldest son Ethan's first watch and wristshot. He informed me one day earlier this year that he "thought it was time he had a watch". He picked it out and bought it with his own money. After we got home and I sized it for him, he got a funny look on his face and sheepishly asked, "aren't we supposed to take a picture?" Here is his first wrist shot.

A couple of months ago the boys got these in the mail from Jim Moose. :thanks

START'EM YOUNG I SAY. - David

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Very cool thread Fergie....

Those Mickey Watches are brilliant. I often see comments that every cpollection should have a Speedy. I think every collection should have a Mickey. Brings out the inner child in us all.

Dave, your younger son looks like he'll be a handful when he's older. He's got attitude written all over his face :)

·
Banned
6,599 Posts

yep, he is 6 and already has a bit of a "tude". But he's cute, so we decided to keep him. You have quite a handsome little guy yourself. - David

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks Dave, he's another one full of attitude and he's not yet 4. He's also the funniest person I've ever met and makes me laugh each and every day. I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.
Just cannot wait for baby Fergie #2 who'll arrive in the summer. I'd put a million quid it'll be a girl but Michelle thinks it'll be a boy and James isn't bothered either way so long as it a brother!?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
How about a sappy story. Not an Omega but here goes. I went home for lunch today and put on a $5 watch that my daughter (8 years old) bought me during a shopping thing they do for Christmas every year. She knows my obsession with watches and was so proud to be able to buy me a watch with her own money. It makes her face light up when she sees me wearing it. It's not my favorite watch but it's the watch that I prize the most.

Todd

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Cool buddy, I got this hideous burgundy colored dial, chrome bracelet chinese quartz that Ethan won for me in one of those machines where the claw picks up a prize. Poor baby probably spent $10 in quarters before he won it. Nevertheless, it gets wrist time a few days a month ... at home. - David

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Cool buddy, I got this hideous burgundy colored dial, chrome bracelet chinese quartz that Ethan won for me in one of those machines where the claw picks up a prize. Poor baby probably spent $10 in quarters before he won it. Nevertheless, it gets wrist time a few days a month ... at home. - David
We need a pic. :-d The things we do for kids. When they can get us, the worst of the worst watch savants to wear a $5 watch, that says a lot.

Todd

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very nice pictures people. Some very good looking children out there in the world wearing some very nice watches. Kudos to all the parents out there. Job well done.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Great idea Fergie!

Ok, here's the clan from the House of Trojan....

The winsome babe - vision probably isn't too good, otherwise she wouldn't be hangin' around with me....

And then there's herself - on a trip the two of us took to Canada this summer, lookin' over the chow after a full day of fishing....

And the young lion with me a few years ago - same lake - his fish....

And the young lion after a few more years of feeding - same lake - still kicking my tail - his fish are always bigger....

The Old Lion....

And the faithful pooch. Wearing her Seamaster.

Best, John

·
Registered
334 Posts
Here is one of the wee lass and in sympathy of the LSU folks ..... remember your year could have been worse! At least she wears the gear well...

Us out and aboot ...

And inspecting the goods ...

And one at Mount Vernon ...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts