WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I went to a Victorinox Outlet Store last night and inquired about automatic watches. This store sells all their watches at half price. They told me that they had just received a couple automatics, but they were still in the back. I asked to see them and discovered they had two of the Limited Edition Victorinox Titanium Dive Watches. I purchased #305 of 900 for half the retail price. If these watches were sold out last year, I don't understand how 2 of them arrived at an outlet store in late February/ early March of 2010. Did Victorinox hold back some of them intentionally. What's going on?

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I've discovered that outlet stores really run on their own tracks, and sometimes have nothing to do with the boutiques. There are even some brands that develop product lines specifically for the outlet stores, and never even show up in the main shops.

How the two LE watches ended up at the outlet store is anyone's guess. I wouldn't worry about it too much, and just enjoy the watch! :-!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I bought the watch for $697. I am a collector, so didn't think about buying 2. They also received the auto chrono 24162 that they were selling for $797. I did think about picking up that one too, but decided to pass on it. It's just so strange that such a sought after watch that sold out last year all of a sudden became available at an outlet store. Wierd.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Congrats on a nice score! That's a great price for an excellent watch! :-!

I would've snatched that up, if I ran into such a sweet deal...but, alas, all that the watch outlet stores in my area ever carry is crap. :-(

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm skeptical of any "high end" Victorinox watch being "sold out"....unless it means the Victorinox distributor was "sold out" after sending them to retail stores, who then had to sit on the inventory for a few years.

I've owned lots of the higher end > $1,000 Victorinox watches and think the quality it up there with Omega, Breitling etc.....but I've always bought them slightly used for 1/4 of MSRP. Not very many of them are sold at a retail level and usually end up online at discount stores and E*bay.

Sounds like you got a great deal for a brand new one, and I have seen used ones sell for more than what you paid. That particular model seems to be the exception with regards to resale.

Be careful on that Chrono Pro model 24162, as I have bought brand new ones online for around $450.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts