WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20http://www.victorinox.com/us/product/3/300/3003/3111/241424Looking to get the victorinox dive master 500 chronograph (not the LE)
or the Citizen at4008-051e
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-AT4008-51E-Eco-Drive-Stainless-Steel/dp/B005BSEOXK?tag=viglink20251-

Victorinox:
sapphire crystal w/ quartz movement. not an automatic.
Citizen:
also sapphire crystal
but with eco drive and atomic time keeping.

Is Victorinox good to go? They don't even have a tab one the brand forum here.
I like the victorinox look better and love the luminescence over the citizen. And from other threads, people seemed pleased with their products aside from the over priced msrp.
but the citizen has a longer watch making heritage and the eco drive I've heard nothing but good things about. The atomic time keeping is a neat feature too.

citizen is easier and cheaper to find used or on gray market.

opinions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
20http://www.victorinox.com/us/product/3/300/3003/3111/241424Looking to get the victorinox dive master 500 chronograph (not the LE)
http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-AT4008-51E-Eco-Drive-Stainless-Steel/dp/B005BSEOXK?tag=viglink20251-

Victorinox:
Citizen:
also sapphire crystal

I like the victorinox look better and love the luminescence over the citizen. And from other threads, people seemed pleased with their products aside from the over priced msrp.
but the citizen has a longer watch making heritage and the eco drive I've heard nothing but good things about. The atomic time keeping is a neat feature too.

opinions?
Thanks!
victorinox is a good brand. I was looking at it and a solar citizen. Pick what you like. The eco drive and atomic time keeping should make it more accurate and never have to maintain it as long as it gets a signal and until the capacitor goes out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
victorinox is a good brand. I was looking at it and a solar citizen. Pick what you like. The eco drive and atomic time keeping should make it more accurate and never have to maintain it as long as it gets a signal and until the capacitor goes out.
What's the life span of the citizen eco drive and capacitor? With the Victorinox, a battery change when needed and it should last forever right?

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
What's the life span of the citizen eco drive and capacitor? With the Victorinox, a battery change when needed and it should last forever right?
Longer than you'll likely wear the watch.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
If going quartz, Japanese is the way to go. And I'd say this is probably true at any virtually budget.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
They are both good but definitely different. I own a Citizen(for sale)and a Victorinox. I like them both and really don`t have any complaints about either. You just need to think about which one will better suit your needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts

Victorinox:
Citizen:
also sapphire crystal

opinions?
Thanks!
On what types of occasions do you want to wear the watch? Two different watches. Used to own that citizen. Liked it, but sold it because I didn't wear it enough. If you're looking for a tool watch to use in the water occasionally, then the Dive Master would make more sense. If not, and you just want a reliable, highly accurate Quartz, go with the Citizen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On what types of occasions do you want to wear the watch? Two different watches. Used to own that citizen. Liked it, but sold it because I didn't wear it enough. If you're looking for a tool watch to use in the water occasionally, then the Dive Master would make more sense. If not, and you just want a reliable, highly accurate Quartz, go with the Citizen.
It's probably just going to be my go to watch for everything else that i don't wear my suunto core for. So probably more of an every day to work watch. It's coming down to the "i like the victorinox looks more but the citizens features." The ability to find the citizen for cheaper and easier in the gray market might become the ultimate deciding factor anyways.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Of your choices, is the watch you pick going to be a daily wearer, or just part of a large collection? If it was to be a daily wearer, a do-it-all watch, I would get the Citizen, kind of hard to beat a radio control eco drive that is accurate to the exact second every day for decades. Most of these Eco Drive AT watches are 200m WR anyways so they would be appropriate for pool time too. If I was practical and a non-WIS I would probably own nothing but Citizen Eco Drives and retire all of my mechanicals. But that's not the nature of the WIS beast.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's probably just going to be my go to watch for everything else that i don't wear my suunto core for. So probably more of an every day to work watch. It's coming down to the "i like the victorinox looks more but the citizens features." The ability to find the citizen for cheaper and easier in the gray market might become the ultimate deciding factor anyways.
I bought mine at Jomashop and paid about the same.
Citizen Perpetual Chrono A-T Black Dial Men's Watch AT4007-54E - Perpetual Chrono A-T - Citizen - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts