Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Thanks for the great review. I own an 1887 as well and share your views. Tremendous value, and a very interesting and in IMO a fine movement. I do not have the shiny sub dials on mine but agree the markers on the hour counter can be a bit difficult to read at times. Love the watch though. Pics below.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you very much for your video reviews. It's very detailed, which I like very much. I looked at both the 1887 and Calibre 16 reviews.

I have the Carrera Calibre 16 (black dial, red hands) and found the sapphire to be very reflective. I would have liked it to be anti-reflective though, but I guess the good thing is that there will be no problem with scratches on the outer anti-reflective coating in the long run.

I saw the Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon on your instagram. It looks very beautiful! Will you be doing a review of it soon? If that's the case it would be great. It is very pricey though I must say and out of my budget range.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your comment, man. I appreciate that. I LOVE your 1887 Carrera. TAG removed the awful subdial rings from the gold versions, which only adds to my frustration! Great pics, man.
Thanks for the great review. I own an 1887 as well and share your views. Tremendous value, and a very interesting and in IMO a fine movement. I do not have the shiny sub dials on mine but agree the markers on the hour counter can be a bit difficult to read at times. Love the watch though. Pics below.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comment, man. I appreciate that! I know exactly which version of the Calibre 16 you're talking about, and it's a gorgeous watch. Yes - it doesn't have a dual layer AR, but the upside is that, like you said, you'll never have to worry about scratches on the outer coating, which can happen frequently. Now, concerning the GSOTM: I haven't purchased it. I took that pic when I went to my AD to check it out, and I honestly wasn't COMOLETELY wowed by it. I have a VERY good relationship with the AD, and he told me that he has had multiple customers come back because a block of the case chipped off! I guess the ceramic is more brittle than people think.
Thank you very much for your video reviews. It's very detailed, which I like very much. I looked at both the 1887 and Calibre 16 reviews.

I have the Carrera Calibre 16 (black dial, red hands) and found the sapphire to be very reflective. I would have liked it to be anti-reflective though, but I guess the good thing is that there will be no problem with scratches on the outer anti-reflective coating in the long run.

I saw the Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon on your instagram. It looks very beautiful! Will you be doing a review of it soon? If that's the case it would be great. It is very pricey though I must say and out of my budget range.

Reactions: ta86

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
just for reference, on the original V2 models, the rings are a matt/brushed finish.

incidentally, when did you get your blue?
it looks like it's on the 720 bracelet but I thought the blues were sold when they had already updated to the 724

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your comment, man. Yeah, the V2 is much nicer because of the way the subdials are arranged, but the V2's did not come in a sunburst blue dial! Also, I got mine in 2013, and the blue dials came in this bracelet. Although, honestly, the blue dial version of this watch is quite rare. I've never seen one at an AD since I bought mine.
just for reference, on the original V2 models, the rings are a matt/brushed finish.

incidentally, when did you get your blue?
it looks like it's on the 720 bracelet but I thought the blues were sold when they had already updated to the 724

1 - 9 of 9 Posts