WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Video wrist check anyone?

2K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  whatmeworry 
#1 ·
This one may well sink like a stone...
I was looking at my watch just now and thinking about the pic I took of it earlier for today's WRUW thread and I realised that the most amazing and beautiful thing about watches can't be captured in a still image.

Here then is my attempt to create a thread dedicated to watches in motion. An ongoing wrist check where only videos are allowed.

Here's my not very good first attempt, maybe next time I'll take the watch off and place it and the camera on a stable surface.

Oh, big tip - use the film button above not the Youtube one!

#5 ·
I like the idea of the video but I'd have to agree with horrovac that the shaking is annoying. Maybe not wrist vids but just stationary vids would be best?

#6 ·
I love this idea. I'm wondering about what a good setup would be since I don't think a gorillapod will let me point my phone straight down. Any suggestions for someone who wants to make do with the video recording capabilities of his phone?

#10 ·
Very cool idea, what. I'm on dial-up, (I know get into the 21st century, TDHO!) So little thirty second blurbs are easier to handle. I also concur that off the wrist might be the better option. Thing is, you've said it correctly and the idea is sound that these are motion objects, better served by seeing them so.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for the comments and to JarrodS and chriswalkerband for joining in.
Here's today`s hopefully slightly less nauseating attempt.

I'm also going to start posting a direct link for smartphone users.

Reactions: DM71
#13 ·
Copy the link to the video from the address bar on YouTube. This will be something like "YouTube.com/watch?v=shdykf"
Click the film icon above the field on WUS where you type your post (in-between the photo icon and the quote one).
Paste the link into the box that opens up.
Click ok and you're done!

#26 ·
Well my profile is a bit of a fib as I'm all the way out in Shoreham (I figured on a forum as international as WUS Brighton was close enough). Wonder if there's any other Sussex bods here?
As for the watches, a Sinn would be an excellent choice, but if you really want the Sub next time you're out shopping in town with the mrs get her into Watches of Switzerland and let her soak in the ambience. Worked for me!

#28 ·
WMW, I have to tell you something. We're lucky to have a member like you on this forum! You have good ideas to start thread and no surprise they are so popular.:-! That's a great idea! I'll try to contribute for sure to keep this thread a live. Love the idea |>|> I'll work on it...

#29 ·
Thanks Daniel, the thread had fallen by the wayside due to lack of interest (I felt a bit funny just doing it myself when no-one else was posting), but I'll certainly start posting again if others do.

#31 ·
My latest acquisition, Raven Vintage, it hasn't been off my wrist in 4 days.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.