WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy inherited this vintage Omega watch from his grandfather. Looks to be a ref# 145.009. He has not had it serviced. Should he send it in to Omega for service or find someone local, he is in Memphis. He is unsure if this band is original. Anyone know? He is also looking for band/strap options because I don't think this one fits home well. I like a nice brown strap would look great, especially if that's not the original bracelet. He wants to start wearing it for special occasions, his wedding is coming up in 2 months, not sure if that is enough time to move it serviced and back or wait until after.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
My buddy inherited this vintage Omega watch from his grandfather. Looks to be a ref# 145.009. He has not had it serviced. Should he send it in to Omega for service or find someone local, he is in Memphis. He is unsure if this band is original. Anyone know? He is also looking for band/strap options because I don't think this one fits home well. I like a nice brown strap would look great, especially if that's not the original bracelet. He wants to start wearing it for special occasions, his wedding is coming up in 2 months, not sure if that is enough time to move it serviced and back or wait until after.
Omega will charge around $1000 usd to service this piece and sadly it may or not come back with original parts. Best to find a good local independent. Still gonna be around $400 or so for a service if nothing is needing to be replaced. As Ken said not original bracelet. A nice strap or mesh would be a good option. Maybe a leather band would be more appropriate for the wedding. I doubt if omega vintage service would be able to turn it around in two months. If he can't get a commitment from local to get it back in that time frame just tell him not to wear till the wedding. At this point a few hours running shouldn't cause any more issues that what may already be present.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts