WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1938 9ct GOLD VERTEX WATCH
Hi.
I am selling a vintage 1938 Vertex watch in 9ct gold.
The watch is hand wound, winds perfectly and keeps excellent time.
The case is 30mm without crown, and has fixed gold bars instead or removable pins. The strap width is 17mm.
The crown is also gold and unmarked.
The face is beautiful. It has the Arabic numbers which are all perfectly clear. The sub dial at the 6 o'clock position displays the sweeping seconds hand. All the hands are pristine and appear to be a blueish black colour, possibly steel.
When running you can hear the movement ticking away.
the watch comes on a brown leather strap with a gold coloured buckle, not gold like the watch case. The strap has signs of much use, but is still perfectly wearable.
The rear of the case is again 9ct gold and bears an inscription, dated 31.12.38.
A beautiful piece of British watchmaking quality that is still going strong after almost 75 years. There aren't many watches that can boast that.
The price is £350 plus postage, but I will accept the PayPal fees. I will gladly post worldwide, so please contact me to discuss on. [email protected]
Sorry, but I couldn't upload the photos as they were too big, so please email me and I will send them to you as soon as I get the message. I work shifts so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply immediately.
Thankyou, Duncan

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A reduction to £325 inc pay pal fees, or best reasonable offer.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£300 inc paypal fees and worldwide shipping. Need to sell as a grail watch (speedy) has caught my eye. Help me out guys!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
£275 inc worldwide postage and fees. This watch is beautiful, runs like a dream, and dates to the Second World War. A true vintage and collectors timepiece.
Need to release some funds. The speedy is on hold.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make me an offer. You might just be surprised. I'm feeling particularly generous today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts