WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like some help understanding if this Longines is genuine. The watch seems to be in great shape however when I open the back I see the following issues:
1) Missing screw holding the movement
2) The inside of the back case does not have Longines or any branding, just Swiss
3) The back case has just 2115 on it.
4) Recessed crown unlike this blog post p1015611.jpg

I looked at this completed ebay listing for the 19AS movement and see the screw holding the movement there
This blog past on the Longines 19AS has the same dial but different case, the back is gold etc. (ambwatches dot com/2013/04/09/1950s-longines-automatic-19as/)

I'm wondering if I should keep it or return it.

Thanks for your help!
IMG_9202.JPG IMG_9205.JPG IMG_9204.JPG Front.jpg

Ebay movement pic
s-l1600.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
Why not ask Longines? They will send you historical information from the archives in a few days, and you will know if that movement belongs with that case reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Dan S - Thanks, did not realize that Longines provided this service. I'll reach out to them.

@MoreWatches - On Ebay :)

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
@Dan S - Thanks, did not realize that Longines provided this service. I'll reach out to them.

@MoreWatches - On Ebay :)
You will need to set up an account, but then you can enter the case and movement numbers, and upload photos, and they will send you information by email very quickly, usually within a few days. If you give them your address, they can also send you a certificate that has the information from the archives. This is all free of charge.

https://www.longines.com/certificate-of-authenticity

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There seems to be confusion here due to the way you have posted pics of different watches. It's not overly clear which is your watch and which are from a blog or eBay. It may help to post again showing just your watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts