WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

New member here, just looking for some information (and possibly a rough valuation) of my 1960's Omega.

The watch case is gold, with a gold bracelet also, it has numbers on 12, 6, and 9. it also has a date display on 3. it is in overall good condition and is still boxed.

Unfortunately it has suffered some damage to the strap over its long life, this is shown in the photos. The damage was done in 1985 to my knowledge (I only know this due to a repair quote dated 9/5/85 which I found enclosed in the box.)

The only other information I know is that it was purchased from 'Parsons the Jewellers' 7 Penn St, Bristol. (This is shown by a sticker within the box.)

It does need a bit of a polish up and a clean, but it hasn't even been worn for almost 30 years. Still keeps time well and runs smoothly, well looked after watch just needs some tlc!

I know very little about this watch as I inherited it from my grandfather a few years ago and i would love to know more about it!

Here's some photos:

If anybody should want to contact me, [email protected] would be best.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Cant give you valuations see the sticky. Your best bet is to go on the bay and see completed sales of 1960s seamaster watches to give you a rough idea. You can also go onto the Omega website and look up any details but would need case number. Here is the site OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

Please read the instructions on how to do it, because you may need to add a 0 etc. It looks like a great piece it could have a 5xx cal movement inside.

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
for bracelet repair and watch overhaul send your watch either to nesbit or al archer

·
Registered
15 Posts
for bracelet repair and watch overhaul send your watch either to nesbit or al archer
Emailed Al Archer today about servicing my Omega Seamaster DeVille and he's going to charge for labor actual cost of parts. Also, he's going to photograph the whole process, along with email updates. Already seems like a very quality and service oriented individual. Will update with results, but already glad that I contacted him!

Drew

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Seen Al of Archers work from other members and looks like a great service esp with all the progress pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts