WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - a question only for the most adventurous. I have a 300T Synchron, Generation 2 (Thick vintage case). A fellow member was nice enough to sell me his 750T bracelet. I ordered 600T open endlinks from Doxa to fit the 20mm lugs....and....

Doxa sent the wrong endlinks. :-|

They sent a set of 750T Solid endlinks. So, now I have two pairs of these.o|

I have contacted Doxa help - but have not received word on what they are going to do to help me (it has only been 60 minutes).

In the meantime - I am wondering - should i just Dremel the side of the 21MM solid endlinks? And - if I did do that - does anyone know if the case holes and the solid endlink holes will even line up? The issue of course - is that I can not tell if they line up until I dremel them, and - I do not want to dremel them if they do not line up anyway.

Just wondering peoples thoughts. I am going to wait for customer service from Doxa to get back to me - but I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Ok - a question only for the most adventurous. I have a 300T Synchron, Generation 2 (Thick vintage case). A fellow member was nice enough to sell me his 750T bracelet. I ordered 600T open endlinks from Doxa to fit the 20mm lugs....and....

Doxa sent the wrong endlinks. :-|

They sent a set of 750T Solid endlinks. So, now I have two pairs of these.o|

I have contacted Doxa help - but have not received word on what they are going to do to help me (it has only been 60 minutes).

In the meantime - I am wondering - should i just Dremel the side of the 21MM solid endlinks? And - if I did do that - does anyone know if the case holes and the solid endlink holes will even line up? The issue of course - is that I can not tell if they line up until I dremel them, and - I do not want to dremel them if they do not line up anyway.

Just wondering peoples thoughts. I am going to wait for customer service from Doxa to get back to me - but I was wondering if anyone has tried this?
Personally, I would wait to hear from Doxa. You have to remember it is the middle of the night in Switzerland. I wouldn't do a thing to the 750T endlinks. But that is just me. Doxa will fix it tomorrow.........

·
Registered
189 Posts
leejay,
I ordered a 750 bracelet for my 300T Poseiden Divingstar and filed down the end links to fit. It fits fine and looks really good. I tried my 600 bracelet on my 300T and didn't really like the way it looked. Just my two cents. Good luck, Randy:-!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leejay,
I ordered a 750 bracelet for my 300T Poseiden Divingstar and filed down the end links to fit. It fits fine and looks really good. I tried my 600 bracelet on my 300T and didn't really like the way it looked. Just my two cents. Good luck, Randy:-!

Two things:

1. 300T Poseidon Divingstar? That is one nice watch!
2. Could you post a picture? Would love to see it.

I have files as well - so may use either that - or a dremel. I have used a dremel before to grind some stuff down - the only problem is keeping the grind smooth and flat. We are only talking about 1mm though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures (not very good ones) of my Poseiden, If you notice a greenish tint to the face your not wrong. John P told me that it is a natural patina that can happen to a watch of this age. It had a cheap rubber band on it when I bought it. I think the 750 band looks a lot better. Randy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whse,

I have just ground one of the 750T endinks to fit between the lugs. It looks nothing like the great fit that you have. I am not sure why - but mine if much farther away - and subsequently - it has a huge gap in between the lug and the case.

How did you get yours so close? I must be doing something wrong. Did you have to put in new holes in the lugs to get it closer? I am not sure I can do that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK - got mine to work as well. Please see the pictures here as well. I had to change the springbars to get it to work correctly.

For all those who are interested. These 750T solid endlinks can be used. However, the angle of the fit is not perfect. The endlinks will "rock" and show a gap. I am going to explore putting something in between the endlink and the case to keep the endlink at the right angle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
leejay,
I didn't have to do anything but shorten the end links a little (hand filing). I wonder if the difference is the cases themselves. Your watch is probably a newer or older version then mine. Good Luck Randy

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Will WUS wonders never cease? ;-) I discovered a forgotten (by me) function while reading this thread. Below it is a list of "similar" threads. You might want to read this one, it seems to cover this topic quite well (and with pictures). Click on https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=7255

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone - so i just realized what is wrong with mine version. The endlinks that I incorrectly (their mistake) from Doxa were not the 750T endlinks. They were, I believe, 750T GMT or 750T T-Graph.

I know this because I already had a set of 750T endlinks, got a second set from Doxa when there were supposed to have sent 600T endlinks. I did not compare the two. But the versions that i ground down were much longer (extending down the side of the case) and probably meant for a much thicker case.

I am going to impress upon Doxa to get me the 600T endlinks. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leejay,
I didn't have to do anything but shorten the end links a little (hand filing). I wonder if the difference is the cases themselves. Your watch is probably a newer or older version then mine. Good Luck Randy

whse,

I think that we have the same version. It looks like yours is Synchron - so the cases should be the same. Does your's have a screwdown crown or not? Mine does not. Also - the Tritium pattern on our dials is the same (not fat). So perhaps i should try my 750T endlinks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
leejay,
You're probably right, mine is a non srew down crown also. Here is another picture that might help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whse - do your endpieces "rock". Meaning - is it possible for them to open up and show a crack if not pushed down from the top?

I am looking at the ones that I have - and they seem to have the same angle as the larger endlinks.

Also - yep - we have the same watch exactly. My case back is the same and it looks exactly the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts