WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently came across this Vintage looking Audemars Piguet 18K gold watch with a 14 Karat gold (aftermarket) band. I am having troubles identifying it. I have spent hours searching all over the internet for an exact match. I have found many VERY similar ones aswell as ones that I believe could be a match. Along with identifying the watch I am looking to find out a rough estimate or guesstimate on the potential value of the watch. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
The text on the dial is not of the quality I would expect for AP, and the minute markers also look uneven, so I suspect that this dial has been refinished. Have you looked at the inside to ensure that it is authentic?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to my watch guy today and he took the back off and confirmed it being real, but I do not have those pictures yet. Also the 14K gold band and the 18K watch itself both test for real gold.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,058 Posts
Now that's the Audemars Piguet Cal. 13''' VZSSC (about 3/4 of the way down the page here - small seconds version shown when you get there):

Uhrwerkshersteller "A"

...which is actually this one minus the chronograph mechanism and plus an indirect centre seconds adaptation:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Valjoux VZ

When you look at the shape of the bridges underneath the chronograph mechanism, the similarity becomes apparent.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm awesome! Thank you! I managed to find one with the exact same face, but in a steel case instead of 18K gold with that information.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
nice watch with a great movement

1 - 7 of 7 Posts