WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! :)

I'd please like as much information as possible about these two watches as I could not find anything elsewhere on the internet.

I bought this Citizen recently in South Africa and I would love to get some information on it such as roughly when it was made, etc etc.

The Rotary I have had for some time now, and it has even been on this forum before - https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/vintage-rotary-watch-identification-needed-1094944.html
However, I have looked at it closer and now saw a number on the back, 536. I was wondering if anyone knew what that meant, as well as provide any more information on the watch as this last post was posted on here some time ago.

I know that asking for watch valuations is 'insane' and very much frowned upon, but as these probably aren't worth thousands, I'd appreciate a sensible price range valuation for both of them.

Which one do you prefer/think is better? Why?
I would love to hear your input! :-! Thanks very much in advance...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
(^ The letters 'CTZ' are engraved into the crown.)

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks & Good question! :'D

I bought them for very very cheap from a dealer that didn't know anything about watches both times, so I was interested in comparing their valuation given by people on this forum to the amount I paid for them and just for curiosity in general.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,691 Posts
I don't know anything about them but given you've not been able to find out anything about them then the chances are that they are worth roughly what you paid for them.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Citizen is from December 1978. Can't be 1968 since the movement wasn't made then and cases were marked 'parawater' or 'waterproof'.

Stephen
Thanks a lot Stephen! I was speculating just now actually about whether the year was 1968 or 1978.:-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts