WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a vintage 60's Ball Trainmaster that I don't wear and was thinking about getting it ready for sale. However, It is missing the dust cover and I am not sure where to get a replacement. Additionally, I think the crown may not be the original..

S/N is 886000 and the watch is in average condition currently and running. The dial is actually in very good condition as are the hands. I am attaching some pictures. If you have any guidance - I would appreciate it greatly!

IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1613.JPG

Regards,

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Don't invest any money on refurbishing it--likely you will not recover your expenses. If you want to get it ready to wear yourself, go for it, otherwise put it back in the drawer, or unload it quietly--you are not sitting on a goldmine--don't be distracted by the often inflated figures these are offered for sale on Ebay--they rarely sell at those prices, or even close to them. These are really quite basic, ordinary watches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ball watches have a high quality movement, and are NOT just ordinary swiss movements!
I have $20,000 Patek Philippe, I rarely wear it, and I have lately been wearing a vntage Ball Trainmaster !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts