WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Without opening the case, can anyone help me with identifying this Longines watch?

I know that it is:

1. Manual wind
2. 35mm (excluding crown), 43mm lug-to-lug
3. Secondhand sub dial

longines.jpg

·
Registered
18,167 Posts
The dial problems might be an artifact of the digital photography. But I noticed the same things... Might be a redial.

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Definite redial to me.
Over-flooding of paint up the sides of the indices is a giveaway. Worth the price to me, as long as the movement is Longines.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

Mystery solved.

It's a Longines 22a.

I believe it's a redial. Crown is not original too.

But the movement inside is lovely.

longines2.jpg longines1.jpg

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
THe rotor is kinda chewed up. Can't see too much damage on the movement itself, but what there is suggests corrosion (which may be why the dial was redone). I wouldn't buy it unless there was a return option, and I'd get a watchmaker to tear it down first thing to make sure there isn't' worse damage to parts you can't see.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Hi Rob,

I wouldn't buy it unless there was a return option....
I'd even not take it with return option (o.k. maybe for free). The dial is ruined, and can't be restored with reasonable effort. Cheap dial botchers usually remove all coatings with a brush, and this ruins the usually sharp contour of the sub dial. It simply needs too much money to turn it to an acceptable shape, and this doesn't yet reflect evenual hidden damages - only the visible.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

1 - 12 of 12 Posts