WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my Bulova Accutron Spaceview, model T, in fabulous condition. Sadly she's been a box queen and doesn't get the wrist time she deserves, so it's time to sell her off.

As you can see on the back, this is an 'N2' model, dating it to 1972. Given its age, it is in amazing condition with no visible marks on the body or crystal. By the looks of it, it has never been polished as all the edges are perfectly crisp and sharp. Colours of the components and hands are bright and vibrant - the piece looks and feels like it was almost NOS when I received it last year. The only real marks are on the battery change lid on the back and a few light wear marks on the bracelet.

It is running a 214 movement with a hacking lever installed. She runs perfectly with a nice smooth sweep. The previous owner had it serviced before I bought it and did the diode conversion to run on normal batteries. I replaced the battery only a couple of weeks ago, so you will get lots of life out of her yet.

The most intriguing part of the watch is possibly its strap. Most vintage watches have small straps which makes them look look tiny on the wrist. The lugs on this model are no different at 18mm, however the bracelet has an interesting shape which extends it to around 22mm at the lugs, tapering down to 16mm at the clasp. This gives it far more wrist presence and makes it wear like a much more modern sized watch. It also has a spring loaded clasp which gives a few extra mm of stretch like you would with an extension clasp. I've added photos of how the clasp stretches so you can see. She also comes with a vintage Bulova box as well.

Overall this is a lovely piece in amazing condition. I am looking for £650 net to me, shipped to you anywhere in the UK. International buyers are welcome, but get in touch first to discuss shipping costs. Payment accepted via PayPal, buyer pays all fees.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts