WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my grandfather purchased this watch sometime in 1963. It's been in my possession for years, but I've never worn it for longer than a few hours at a time just to get a feel for it. I'm just curious to know more about the watch itself, and if possible, it's worth. This is something that I would never sell, but I'd like to be able to tell my mom a little about it, if possible. I think she'd be happy to find out that the old watch my grandfather was so proud of may actually be worth something. It's self-winding, still keeps great time, and has an 18k gold case. It looks to be about 95-98%, though I can't say for sure what it looks like from the inside.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,859 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. Unfortunately, we don't give valuations since it is too difficult to be precise and a range of "5 to 500 quid/bucks/euros" won't really help you. The watch looks in great condition. However, using it without having it serviced will in the long run damage the insides so unless you use it very sparingly, I would advise you to invest in the service. A nice heirloom!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Watchuseek. Unfortunately, we don't give valuations since it is too difficult to be precise and a range of "5 to 500 quid/bucks/euros" won't really help you. The watch looks in great condition. However, using it without having it serviced will in the long run damage the insides so unless you use it very sparingly, I would advise you to invest in the service. A nice heirloom!

Hartmut Richter

Thanks for the reply! It's used very sparingly, literally only a few hours with the past couple years. I suppose I should get it serviced to keep it in working order, and if nothing else, for piece of mind.

Does anyone know anything about this specific watch itself? I just know the year it was purchased, the fact it has an 18k gold case, is self-winding, and has 30 jewels. Any more info would be great!

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
It is a US produced automatic... rare and quite collectible!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a US produced automatic... rare and quite collectible!

Thanks, Eeeb! I'm satisfied to hear that. It may seem strange, but even without any plans/desire to try and sell it, I take pride in knowing that my Grandfather's 50 year old watch can be considered a rare collectable. Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts