WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Im new to this site, so I'm not sure if I posted this on right forum.

Anyway here's the case: I've got this "semi old" mechanical Candino wrist watch and I need help to identifying it. I'm mainly interested about: age and model of the watch plus it would be great if someone knew if it has any value at all. I've tried googling it quite a few times without any luck.

Watch has blueface with small seconds and date @ three o'clock, plus 17 JEWELS and INCABLOC text. Back of the watch says: 13122 STAINLESS STEEL WATERRESISTANT ANTICHOC. I apologise the quality of the photos, I used my phone to take those, since it was the only camera I had available.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Candino is still going, I suppose you can contact them to get information on it; no guarantee but it's worth a try nonetheless.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,639 Posts
Why does the dial refer to a different shock protection to the case? Incabloc - Swiss, Antichoc - French. This would make me wonder if something had been changed, so knowing what was inside might be a good idea at this point.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Mirius,

I just hazard a guess: Incabloc is a trade mark but "antichoc" can be seen as a descriptive word saying it's shock protected, without being specific about which brand of shockproofing device used.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,639 Posts
That would be a good theory except that Antichoc is a French shock absorber system :). The watch should either have incabloc or antichoc shock absorbing, I can't imagine it would have both which would lead me to wonder if either the dial or case had been changed.

Below is an example of an antichoc 51 on a Femga calibre in a Mirus watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So either the face or back is changed? I tried opening the back to take good look of the movement. Unfortunately I lack have proper tools for that job so I coudn't get it open. :(

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,639 Posts
Well nothing is for certain until you can see inside! Chances are the back is on tight if it hasn't been opened for a while, you need the right tools otherwise you will end up putting ugly scratches across the back. A watchmaker would probably do this for you if you asked nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts