sorry if its not

Vintage candino anybody knows something about it,
cant find anything about it at least the same dial
i think most likely 60s or 70s that is what I found

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,372 Posts
Moved to the right forum, you indeed posted in the wrong one.
Your Candino dates back to the 70s and most likely houses an ETA automatic movement, 25 jewels. My guess 2873. if you open up the back and look what is engraved under the balance wheel you will get to know what movement you got.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
Welcome to Vintage and I second what Mike said. Candino was a minor brand, located in Biel (more famous for being the present day home of Omega).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
Welcome to Vintage and I second what Mike said. Candino was a minor brand, located in Biel (more famous for being the present day home of Omega).

Hartmut Richter
Candino is still around. I believe they only retail in Europe and have concentrated in the 'emerging' markets of Eastern Europe. I have found them to be a source of pretty good watches, much like Bucherer. Here are my Candino Twins, a Valjoux 7750 and an ETA 2892-A2 with added GMT and power reserve complications:

S1050208s.jpg

S1050207s.jpg

(The 7750 is almost identical to a Limited Edition NAWCC watch which is in Adam's upcoming NAWCC wristwatch exhibit.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Candino is still around. I believe they only retail in Europe and have concentrated in the 'emerging' markets of Eastern Europe. I have found them to be a source of pretty good watches, much like Bucherer. Here are my Candino Twins, a Valjoux 7750 and an ETA 2892-A2 with added GMT and power reserve complications:

View attachment 1286951

View attachment 1286952

(The 7750 is almost identical to a Limited Edition NAWCC watch which is in Adam's upcoming NAWCC wristwatch exhibit.)
Nice candino's

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
Do they call candino's anything or maybe model number

cleaned it for a better photo :-!
I have never noticed that they do... In the history of watches this is not uncommon.

Reactions: CharlieTHEmaltese

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi there,

Candino always made decent quality. When they were acquired by the Festina Group a couple of years ago, the rumor circulated that Festina wanted to establish Candino as their top brand. I tend to believe it, since I never saw any but top grade ETAs in the watches made befor they joined Festina. No idea whether it was succesfull; at least they likely lost their former customers with completely different models.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

1 - 11 of 11 Posts