WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Well I don't know much about Cortebert, but I suppose it's a legit watch with a terrible re-dial in a re-plated case.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
movement is ok. they made it with or without subsecond, this one is just 2 hander.

Dial ... is 90% redial. Case if it is rechromed than it is job very well done.

caseback inscription says it was given to commemorate 10 years in "Belica" trading company in 1965 in city of Svetozarevo in Serbia.

how much is the askig price if I may ask? These are not "rare" in any way, or something special, just ordinary sixties handwind watches.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
movement is ok. they made it with or without subsecond, this one is just 2 hander.

caseback inscription says it was given to commemorate 10 years in "Belica" trading company in 1965 in city of Svetozarevo in Serbia.

how much is the askig price if I may ask? These are not "rare" in any way, or something special, just ordinary sixties handwind watches.
And quite low quality plated cases
I always wondered why they fetch high prices and are quite desirable :|

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
And quite low quality plated cases
I always wondered why they fetch high prices and are quite desirable :|

Cortebert 618 movements were basis for Rolex 618 movements used in vintage Panerai...it is a long stretch to be honest. But it is a fact.

they also made cal.624, also used for vinatge Rolex pocket watches, but under no cicumstances that was not exclusive deal. They supplied it to a bunch of companies.

pocket Corteberts are often used as basis for PAM homages and also they made railroad grade pocket and wristwatches for Turkish railroad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Price is 115AUD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts