WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vintage Croton Chronomaster

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Brunleif 
#1 ·
Hi!
Just recently acquired a Croton Chronomaster Aviator Sea.
The watch is in somewhat of a rough state and is missing both bezel and one of the pushers.

I have been hearing it's almost impossible to find a new bezel. But hey it's only impossible if you don't try.

As a second hand option, is it possible to find another suiting bezel? Must be one that's close enough until i find the real deal, right?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
One caution:

Unfortunately, not all the cases/bezels are the same. They vary a bit in size over movement and age. So it isn't sufficient just to find a chronomaster bezel, you need to find the right one - even though the damn things look identical.

What movement has yours? Looks late, so a Landeron 248 or Valjoux 7733?

I have a Valjoux 23 and Venus 210 version.

#7 ·
One caution:

Unfortunately, not all the cases/bezels are the same. They vary a bit in size over movement and age. So it isn't sufficient just to find a chronomaster bezel, you need to find the right one - even though the damn things look identical.

What movement has yours? Looks late, so a Landeron 248 or Valjoux 7733?

I have a Valjoux 22 and Venus 210 version.
Haha of course they differ :D
Another obstacle. Nice.

It's a Landeron 248 in this one. I'll have to measure when i get it :)

#13 ·
As a Croton collector, anything is possible, but unlike other brand watches, where there are countless spare parts, Croton does not for the most part, have that luxury. Donor parts are usually the best way, but you have to find the correct donor Aviator Sea Diver. There are 8 different models of this watch, and not all are exactly the same. But for what you paid for it (and I know every Croton auction sale almost) you don't have a lot invested, so you have room to find parts and still keep it overall reasonable in price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#16 ·
So a little update!
Found a new crystal, supposed to be a NOS. If it's not original i will polish the old one.
Also found a bezel here in Sweden so that's awesome. Hopefully it will fit as well :D
Now im just searching for the pusher. Ideally i probably should change the crown, but that'll have to wait.
But im hoping to be able to post a picture with the watch serviced and ready in a couple of months!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.