WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up in a batch lot of watches.. Most were rubbish but there was a nice Rotary and this one.. Shame about the case as the watch is running well..

Can't get caseback of yet.. Will see if watchmaker can do it, so I can get a movement pic..

In the meantime, what can you tell me about the company and possible this watch?

Cheers

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,135 Posts
Looks like it's from the forties or early fifties. Lorix was a brand of Datum Watch Factories in Geneva and was registered on 23. October 1942 according to Mikrolisk so that fits in with that age assessment.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tried the advanced search function on Rannft, got a few hits, but nothing exact, maybe a variant on the venus 75?? are there any makers marks or numbers under the balance?? can u get the dial off? maybe something there?
good luck!
Ben.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the advanced search function on Rannft, got a few hits, but nothing exact, maybe a variant on the venus 75?? are there any makers marks or numbers under the balance?? can u get the dial off? maybe something there?
good luck!
Ben.
Thanks, Ben.. Not pulling it apart at this time..

There are watchmakers marks on inside caseback from 1942..

Really wondering if the number on the caseback is the military service number of W I Humby.. must be a back story here..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts