WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy with the vintage Divingstar on the 'bay is doing some dirty dealing. He had a starting bid of $750, it went to $800 got close to ending and he pulled it. I asked him if he sold it, and he said no. It just didn't get as high as he wanted. So I asked him how much he wanted, he said $1250. He relisted it, starting bid $850, with a $1250 buy it now. It got up to $989, and close to ending, he pulled it again. Relisted it, starting bid $999, buy it now $1250. This is some dishonest dealing!

Andy

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
It's a shame. If they wanted $1250, then make the reserve that. I guess they don't understand that some of the best bidding happens in the last hour of an auction. Plus with all the associated fees for listing the watch, he already has sunk $50 or more into fees, and associated costs...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Yeah, that really frosted my strawberries, and I wasn't even bidding on it. I reported the listings to ebay, although I think that was pretty much a waste of my time. And someone (supposedly) used the BIN and popped for the 1250.00.

Just left a bad taste in my mouth all around.........:rodekaart

Paul

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah, supposedly he got his 1250 for it, we'll see if it goes up for "auction" again. The seller was just using ebay for free (or really cheap) worldwide advertising, fishing for a good offer to pull the auction early, and put an outlandish buy it now price. Maybe someone is really going to give him that much for it...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think it's back ....

If the seller was michaelwatch! , then it's been re-listed; this time at $1595.00USD, with $30.00 shipping.

And, it's got 27 days left!! :-s Auction# 200064211829

Anyone interested? b-) :-d

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
The watch that Michael has posted is a contemporary 600T Divingstar, not a vintage. He is a reputable dealer, has many very odd and unusual Dive watches. His prices are a little on the expensive side, but the asking price for the 600T Divingstar is within the range of what they have sold for in the past. Almost all of his auctions are "Buy it Now" only.
I have no affiliation with Michael watches, this is my opinion only, and is based on a few watch deals with him in the past.
Just my dos centavos
Arthur

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think it's back ....

If the seller was michaelwatch! , then it's been re-listed; this time at $1595.00USD, with $30.00 shipping.

And, it's got 27 days left!! :-s Auction# 200064211829

Anyone interested? b-) :-d
Thanks for the heads-up, but this isn't the watch Andy was talking about. This is a 600T, not a vintage 300T and MichaelWatch has a good reputation, both here and on the 'bay. If I didn't think my wife would...make me incapable of fathering more children :-d , I'd buy it! Thanks for looking out though, we WIS's have to look out for each other.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The watch that Michael has posted is a contemporary 600T Divingstar, not a vintage. He is a reputable dealer, has many very odd and unusual Dive watches. His prices are a little on the expensive side, but the asking price for the 600T Divingstar is within the range of what they have sold for in the past. Almost all of his auctions are "Buy it Now" only.
I have no affiliation with Michael watches, this is my opinion only, and is based on a few watch deals with him in the past.
Just my dos centavos
Arthur
My apologies; no disrespect intended. I know nothing of this seller. I am watching the current offering, and feel much better about (potentionally) doing business. Thanks for the correction.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,712 Posts
If I didn't think my wife would...make me incapable of fathering more children :-d , I'd buy it!
You're not going to let a little thing like castration stop you, are you Jeremy? That's what separates the WISs from the guys with a couple of watches. ;-)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Um...actually...YES I am going to let it stop me :-d ! She has tolerated my habit so far, but I think she is near the edge. Did I mention she is also 37 weeks pregnant? Hormones are running wild and I'm fine with all my body parts right where they are, thank you very much! At this point, she has put watches into the same category as firearms and camera equipment. I can buy whatever I want, as long as I sell something from my collection to fund the purchase. Now, what to sell...what to sell...

Jeremy

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
If it doesn't have to be of equal value, looking at your sig line, sell the Citizen....

·
Registered
341 Posts
If it doesn't have to be of equal value, looking at your sig line, sell the Citizen....
It does...I'd have to use the funds from one sale to complete a purchase. Even if it didn't, my wife gave me the Citizen on our wedding day...so getting rid of it isn't really an option :) . Thanks anyway!

Jeremy

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,712 Posts
Good call on not pushing the envelope right now. You can't reason with hormones! And congrats on the fast approaching birth of your child. All other intrests pale in comparison to the joy a child brings to a family (did I sound convincing?).

Good luck and let us know when the little bundle of joy arrives. :-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts