WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked this one up from the Post Office last night.
Its the DW-5600C-1V or as its better known, the Speed model.

After watching the movie Speed a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd check out the vintage screw-backs.
Big mistake... I ended up buying three;-).

Like the DW-5600C-9V I posted on Friday, its another eBay buy and once again in fantastic condition.
Its actually better than the last one:-!.

On the last one I was lucky but this time one of screws wouldn't come out. I tried all sorts of things but it just wouldn't moveo|.
So in the end I decided to leave it in rather than risk snapping it off.

After a quick clean and polish the belt and bezel went on and it was as good as new and ready to wear.

One more to go. Hopefully it will look as good as the first twob-)

Enjoy,

Steve

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hi,

I picked this one up from the Post Office last night.
Its the DW-5600C-1V or as its better known, the Speed model.

After watching the movie Speed a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd check out the vintage screw-backs.
Big mistake... I ended up buying three;-).

Like the DW-5600C-9V I posted on Friday, its another eBay buy and once again in fantastic condition.
Its actually better than the last one:-!.

On the last one I was lucky but this time one of screws wouldn't come out. I tried all sorts of things but it just wouldn't moveo|.
So in the end I decided to leave it in rather than risk snapping it off.

After a quick clean and polish the belt and bezel went on and it was as good as new and ready to wear.

One more to go. Hopefully it will look as good as the first twob-)

Enjoy,

Steve

Super work Steve :-! they look really crisp and clean! Good score, and do watch more DVDs that have G-Shocks in 'em! (just kidding)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Congrats steve :-!

There's something about them, that's for sure.
Just be careful, there's 9 different models of the DW-5600C and it can drive you nuts trying to find them all :-s
I gave up ;-)

cheers,

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi steveb, oh my, you're speeding along nicely I see with all these gorgeous screw-backs. Don't you love how they feel on the wrist? Built like a tank and seemingly able to withstand almost anything.

I had a screw problem with my 5700 too and what I did was to dab a little WD40 on the joint, leave it a while and used a small snub nose plier to twist it loose gently. It worked. Hope this helps :-!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kpatt.

You're right. There is something about them.
Its built like a tank and feels very solid.
I've got no worries about wearing either of them even though they might be nearly 20 years old and quite collectable.

I just hope I don't end up searching for all nine:-s

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a screw problem with my 5700 too and what I did was to dab a little WD40 on the joint, leave it a while and used a small snub nose plier to twist it loose gently. It worked. Hope this helps :-!
Thanks for the tip GameBoy2Go,

I actually tried doing that last night:).
It worked with one but like I said the other wouldn't move.
No problem though. I put part of the bezel in hot water to soften it and it went over the screw head easily.
Hopefully I won't need to remove the bezel anytime soon.

Yes, they feel great on the wrist and a perfect size for me:-!

Cheers,

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts