WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey WUS,
My stepmom was given this watch as a teen and she was curious as to the value and other information on the watch. I offered to post on here for her since you guys are so helpful and awesome ;) here's a few pictures, but I couldn't get a good picture of the dial with my phone because of the small size. It reads "Elgin 14k Quartz".

Thanks in advance

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357485316.049860.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357485331.033206.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357485364.699650.jpg

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
The value is largely the jewelry value of the piece. If the bracelet is solid gold that is reasonably high, to me at least. Ladies watches can be interesting but most collectors are men and they have a bias against watches they can't wear. So demand is not high and this is reflected in the market price on eBay.

A good pic of the movement would help date the watch.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
It will only have value according to its gold content. An Elgin quartz piece has nothing to do with the vintage Elgin company whatsoever and would not be of interest to vintage collectors. We don't attempt valuation on timepieces in this forum because we can't assess condition from photos.

Reactions: dacattoo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts