WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post in the vintage forum, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

I was curious if anyone had any knowledge regarding this Exacto brand watch. I found online that Rado had a sister brand under that name, but it was discontinued in the 1950's due to a dispute with another company.

Any help would be appreciated. I cannot provide any other pictures as I don't have the watch in hand as I'm looking to buy it.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
There were a number of obscure brands that made watches like this. I think you would buy it more for the style and quality, and just consider Exacto as basically a no-name brand. That said, it appears to be a decent watch, with an all-stainless case and a 20ATM depth rating. Externally, it looks to be in very clean and original condition all around. It would be nice to see the condition of the movement, but assuming it's a 25j Swiss movement as suggested by the dial, it could be a nice pick-up at the right price.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a number of obscure brands that made watches like this. I think you would buy it more for the style and quality, and just consider Exacto as basically a no-name brand. That said, it appears to be a decent watch, with an all-stainless case and a 20ATM depth rating. Externally, it looks to be in very clean and original condition all around. It would be nice to see the condition of the movement, but assuming it's a 25j Swiss movement as suggested by the dial, it could be a nice pick-up at the right price.
Thank you for you're input. The seller states that the watch runs and judging by the condition of the lume and 20 ATM rating, I would feel confident the movement is in decent shape.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
That is not one of the A Schlupp Exactos (Rado's sister brand). The logo is wrong and the watch is much to new. I am afraid that is all the help I can give you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts