WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked WUS members to identify this watch in a posting the other day. WUS member Trim nailed it.

Anyway, I picked it up this morning. I paid $10. I know this is no Wakmann, but it's not in bad shape (no major pitting or brassing), and I like the appearance. I'd love to know more about this watch.

The crown and pushers are frozen. I hope to post movement photo later. Hopefully it's in good shape with no signs of moisture damage.

Not sure what I will do with it, but I don't have a chrono in my collection yet.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
Not really, but I do see one on the case: one of the lugs is damaged - the hole for the pin has broken though the back, making it difficult or even impossible to fit a pin (and therefore also a strap or bracelet).....

Hartmut Richter

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
Maybe you should ask @trim if his watch has lug holes or fixed lugs. That way you can get it repaired back to its original state.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I noticed the blown out lug pin hole too. I am going to ask my mother in law if she can repair. Conveniently, she is a jeweler. YuiyV tells that the base material usually used is a copper alloy. I will check to see whether she can find a copper alloy or a compatible material. If anyone else has experience repairing base metal lugs, let me know. Welcome your advice. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed a pin in the damage lug pin hole. The fit is actually snug and sturdy, though I suppose if the strap were to catch on something it could tear further.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Conversely, you can ether have a fixed bar welded on to the lug. This makes it a nato/nylon strap only watch but it will fix the issue or you can use a shoulderless springbar. This is a springbar that is slightly longer(fills the entire lug hole) and is more secure then other bars. it is meant for watches with drilled lugs. I have a fattie bar version for my Seiko monsters because the original bars tended to make clicky sounds when I flexed my wrist(it was annoying as ish)

Hope you can get it running

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
Conversely, you can ether have a fixed bar welded on to the lug. This makes it a nato/nylon strap only watch but it will fix the issue or you can use a shoulderless springbar.
I would only suggest doing this if the watch originally had fixed lugs. This is why I suggested asking @trim about his watch. I also wanted to point out that there are normal two-piece leather straps made for fixed lugs (they use clips or adhesive), so one is not limited to Nato or one-piece straps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts