WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1950's era Gruen mens wristwatch to give to one of the forum members. As you can see from the pictures it is in need of some cosmetic work. Aside from that though, it keeps very good time, a couple of seconds a day fast. So, who wants it? Winner to be chosen on Friday the 9th.:-! Oh, it measures 36mm across, including crown.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
1950's era Gruen mens wristwatch to give to one of the forum members. As you can see from the pictures it is in need of some cosmetic work. Aside from that though, it keeps very good time, a couple of seconds a day fast. So, who wants it? Winner to be chosen on Friday the 9th.:-!
Nice watch, what's the catch?lol

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Yes, I would love to have it as well.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would enjoy wearing that watch! I am a product of the 50s too.;-)

Thanks,
kev

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'd love to have it. I have a couple vintages from that era and would love to expand...

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a rookie to the world of watches I'd be so happy if I got a chance to own this watch. I'm not a rookie at heart though, I've been in love with watches of all kinds for a long time, my wallet has not matched the size of my love yet. I would treasure your watch dearly and wear it very often. Thanks for reading.

Douglas

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Nice looking watch! I have plenty of vintages in my collection, so I will pass on this contest and wish the rest of you good luck. :-!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I also love vintages - from the '50's! Don't have a Gruen yet although I've had several catch my eye. Cleaned up that would be a beauty.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Vintages aren't my cup of tea (at least not yet :-d), so I will be sitting this one out. But I wanted to commend you on another nice gesture, thanks for helping make WIS an awesome place!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well that's a real beauty, and a very generous act by you. Please count me in.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
As one of the recipients of a previous giveaway, I'm sitting this one out as well.

I did want to commend you on your generosity; my son uses the watch often (but not every day; he's not a full-tilt WIS yet). I hope to return the favor one day.

Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts