WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear connoisseurs of vintage watches,
today I spotted vintage Grewaco oversized watch with Hy. Moser & Cie movement inside.
Somehow I can't find any information about those movements and this kind of deal.
So I thought
maybe some of you know something more about this particular watch
and have any idea what is it's worth?

Thank you

IMG_4760.JPG IMG_4765.JPG

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek. Grewaco was located in Grenchen and Colombier and was apparently registered in 1947, whereas Heinrich Moser was located in Schaffhausen (and is much older). I can find no link between the two companies. I wonder whether the movement is actually by Heinrich Moser at all or whether it is some sort of generic movement - they tended to make their own movements rather earlier and later switched to using generic calibres.

In any case, at present, I consider this watch a probable mariage ("Frankenwatch"), i.e. a case and dial by Grewaco with a Moser movement. Maybe someone can present enough evidence to show that it's OK. Still, it looks nice and if you like it, then wear it and enjoy it.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
776 Posts
The dial says Incabloc, 17 jewels and waterproof. The movement does not have Incabloc, I am counting only 15 jewels and it's a dustproof case, so Hartmut is right, it is franken. Case and movement are Hy Moser, the dial is replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts