WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, after seeing Axels post on his tuning fork watches, I thought I would add some pictures of mine:

Bulova Accutron:

Titus Tuning Fork:

As you can see from the 2nd picture, there is a Omega crystal on the watch. Anyone have any theories about how they came about? Did Titus buy the cases and crystals from Omega at some point?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I believe Titus has 'outside shops' encase their watches. There is a very active market of third parties who do this in Switzerland. Omega, as far as I know, encases all their watches in-house. But all these folks tend to buy things like crystals from specialty manufacturers. Evidently Titus and Omega bought from the same shop... and, at some time in the past, a watchmaker found he could replace the scratched Titus crystal with an Omega crystal. At least, that's my guess.

There are a history of posts on tuning fork watches over in HEQ... HEQ tends to be accuracy nuts and these tuning fork watches were the most accurate of their time. They are wonderful watches. I don't have enough of them :)

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Sorry we do not give valuations here , nor do we allow sales posts. Please read our sticky notes at the top of the forum for reasons why we don't give value estimates.
Sales posts are to go on the WUS sales corner. We appreciate your co-operation in using this forum for discussion and identification purposes only.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Here's one more...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Sorry we do not give valuations here , nor do we allow sales posts. Please read our sticky notes at the top of the forum for reasons why we don't give value estimates.
Sales posts are to go on the WUS sales corner. We appreciate your co-operation in using this forum for discussion and identification purposes only.
Deleted. OK now?

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Thanks for your consideration.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My one and only (so far) hummer...

Bulova Accutron 218, 1970

1 - 8 of 8 Posts