·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I wanted to ask you guys some questions about this watch:

0.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 7.JPG 9.JPG

Here it goes:

1. Is the watch genuine? (Looks legit as far as I checked out)

2. Do you recommend anybody for servicing in the UK?

3. Should I send the dial for restoration or just a cleaning? If you can recommend some UK based dial restoration providers, I would appreciate.

4. I'm not sure whether to keep the watch or sell it, but if I decide on the latter would the restoration affect its selling price? If I were to sell it for how much should I let it go?

Looking forward to your answers and thank you for having a look!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I am not 100% sure, but this is what i can tell you personally :

1. The hands, at least the second hand is not original. I would clean the dial only, as it looks dirty not cracked or broken in any way.
2. Movement seems original (the pictures are not that great so i can't say for sure), and needs a bit of love.
3. The case is in bad shape, but it can be done, as long as the glass is in good shape (not broken or anything), you can polish it.
4. I would talk to this guy and ask for an opinion, about service and restore: Watch Guy | Watch repair blog (sorry if i am not allowed to post this)

5. I would restore it and wear it, but that is just me. They are not that expensive and selling it, as is, wouldn't get you a real profit. I like the watch, and restored, or clean, looks really good:
SOLD JAEGER LECOULTRE MASTER MARINER 10K Gold Filled Powermatic Automatic Gents Watch 1959 :: Itsawindup

Hope this helps, and someone with greater experience would correct and add to my statements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts