WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve looked online but have a few questions please.
Please can anyone help date this watch? Is Prima the model, I can’t see any others online.
Thanks for any information, all appreciated :)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Measuring instrument

Watch Light Watch accessory Clock Silver

Musical instrument Idiophone Silver Nickel Metal

Silver Nickel Font Jewellery Clock

Material property Eyewear Jewellery Circle Metal

Watch Clock Measuring instrument Font Circle

Natural material Metal Fashion accessory Composite material Circle

Font Bicycle part Auto part Motor vehicle Metal

Motor vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Watch accessory Font

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
20,370 Posts
Hmmmmm. "Prima" watches of that age (by other makers, e.g. Zenith) are often a touch superior and have a jewelled centre gear - which obviously isn't the case here. I can't really see anything that marks this watch as a chronometre or "Prima". No Breguet spring, not even any fine adjustment on the balance, though the balance wheel seems to be bimetallic (and split?! - can't see) and definitely has temperature screws. At the same time, if the movement was swapped, it will have been replaced by one of inferior quality but otherwise identical since there are no additional movement holder screw marks on the edge of the case. Still: nice enough watch.

Hartmut Richter

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
4,026 Posts
Date wise maybe 1915 to 1935 - Langendorf did do contract runs for other watch companies and the wording on the dial wouldn’t be unusual for the Indian market, hence the slightly more open ended date range and not need a higher end movement as expected by Harmut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts