WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this vintage jump hour for a pretty decent price. It runs nicely except that it's running a little fast and gaining several minutes per day. Is there a way to regulate this movement or do I just accept it and wear it as-is?

C360_2013-12-03-19-35-34-673.jpg

C360_2013-12-03-19-35-48-863.jpg

C360_2013-12-04-19-32-24-205.jpg

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think your going to have to live with it. Lucerne's use cheap pin levers and I was surprised to see that his is a one jewel as opposed to none. You would be hard pressed to find a watchmaker that would service these types of movements and frankly it wouldn't be worth it. Also when you adjust a movement it usually is only within a range of a few seconds fast or slow, not several minutes. I guess if you really wanted to you could swap out the movement for another Lucerne that is more accurate as they are fairly common and pretty cheap. Im actually doing that same thing with a Lucerne diver that I like.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The part sticking out from the top of the balance cock with the two brass dots on the top holds the regulator pin. This entire piece should move left and right and should adjust the time slower or faster. However as the other poster mentioned above, this will recoup seconds, not minutes.
Ben.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
It could be slightly magnetized you could always take it to a watchguy that can demagnetize it for you.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea. I'll look into it. I need to find a good watchmaker local to me anyway.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
As with any movement, it would benefit from a service, and these aren't like dollar watches; they're perfectly serviceable. Problem is, the cost to service it will be the same as any other swiss lever movement (i.e. probably in the $100 range). Alternatively, you could try to find an amateur to do it; I usually charge $25 to service this type of watch for local friends. Maybe check with the local NAWCC chapter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts